Anyone going to the IL horse fair?

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by Sarah315, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Sarah315

Sarah315 New Member

I think I'll go this year. I really like Craig Cameron, and I have a bad case of winteritis. I can use the clinics for continuing education credit at work too. ;)

Anyone else going? Maybe we could meet up for dinner after? Anyone have any coupons or tickets they won't need?

2. PT

PT New Member

I know we've been planning on going. My birthday is that weekend also, so I'm bringing the BF ;D

3. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

Were going we go every year just to try to shake the winter blues. ;D

4. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I save the money for gas and everything else for Madison in April.

I got bummed with IL 3 yrs ago-- very boring

5. Susan

Susan New Member

My daughter and I are going friday and I'll be there sat as well - don't know if Erin will get to go on sat or not yet, but I bought the tickets anyway. I need to get out and this jump starts my horsey season.

6. Buffy

Buffy New Member

What are the dates for this one vs. the Madison?

7. Willie76

Willie76 New Member

I went the past 2 years it was held as volunteer labor. This year I was given the option of staying home and foal watching/being in charge of the farm for the weekend. Guess which option I chose?

WOOOOO FOAL WATCH!

8. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Madison is mid April, I believe the Saturday is the 18th.
    I'm right smack in the middle of the two so we head north------ Alot more vendors

9. BUC

BUC Administrator

Illinois, Mar 6-8

Madison (Midwest), April 17-19

10. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Hmmmm... Have the kids first weekend in March.
    Dad lives just outside Madison.

Guess that decides which one *I'm* going to ;D!

11. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

The Springfield one doesn't hold a candle to the Madison one!!!!! I'm wanting to get a room and spend the night and go a 2nd day this year, anyone else?

12. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

I'm hoping to do that too appy.
    I did it years ago, did 2 full days and had a blast.
    Not sure I can pull it off this year with working 2 jobs, but I'm going to try.

13. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Hubby and I go to both of these. We usually take off Friday and go down early...........and stay until late Sunday.

But this year we are only going down to Springfield, on Saturday and coming home Sunday.

I'm still not sure if we are going both days in Madison or not...............

14. Buffy

Buffy New Member

I'm even MORE excited now! Dad lives about 25 minutes NE of downtown Madison. So I have a place to stay. Means more money to spend! >:D

This will be my first year. I'm so excited. We should all meet up for lunch like someone suggested. Maybe wear our pink tube tops and meet near the bathrooms with our brown bags![​IMG]

15. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

We go to both of them to. I like Madisons better but we go to both since I love to shop for shit I don't need. ;D

16. susiebk

susiebk New Member

I MIGHT go on Sunday, but only if my friend drives....I'm working the night shift on Saturday, and will get home around 9 am on Sunday...so I can sleep while she drives down:)

17. appy_slider

appy_slider New Member

I'm taking a reiner for the breed demonstrations...My stud was down there a couple of years ago with a trainer friend of mine for the stallion alley and won the showdown thingy, but I have no idea what I'm in for as of yet. Should be fun either way. Two days I don't have to do chores :nana:

18. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Would that be the same stud you brought to Morris this past fall?
    Me LIKEY!!!

19. Jamik

Jamik New Member

I will be there Saturday or Sunday for the reining clinic. Looking forward to that!

20. horsecrazier

horsecrazier Senior Member

It was pretty cool when Clint slid him right out of the arena!