Anyone with a video camera?

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by JenR, Mar 1, 2009.

1. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Anyone on here with a video camera I can beg the services of this coming week?

We want to videotape Adrienne over fences and on the flat, so she can get a picture of what she's doing right/wrong and what Chester is doing. I don't have a video camera. We'd like to tape her Tuesday night if at all possible.

Anyone here who can help a sista's kid out?
    Would be much appreciated.

2. Willie76

Willie76 New Member

If I weren't so far away....sorry Jen. :(

Bryan actually videoed me last Sunday. I finally see what the coach was talkin' about!

3. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

Sorry, too far away, too. Check around for anyone with a regular digital camera - ours is not a real fancy one, but it will do 11 minutes of video.

4. JenR

I'm in Chuck Vegas (Charleston) -- my camera does nice photos, but no video; our itty bitty cameras do video, but only about 30 second ones. :-

5. Don't think I can help - I'm up West of Rockford. Sorry.

6. Jamik

Jamik New Member

Jen, I have a video camera... but it is older and takes Hi8 film. To top it all off, I cannot locate my software to put on my computer to put the video on DVD/CD, so I am not any help, unless of course you just want to watch it back on the camera, which isn't quite what you are looking for. I have video/dvd making software, but when I plug my camera into my computer it does not recognize it at all. It's rather frustrating since I have several videos I'd like to have on DVD.

7. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

do you guys have one of those Rent-All places down by you?
    YOu know, rent anything from bob cats to wedding gazebos?

Alot of times they will have a video camera or 2 for rent.

8. lori

lori New Member

I teach a class on Tuesday.

Are you happy with your little camera's quality? In typically lit indoors my digital camera w/video struggles. Gordyville and outside it does fine.

9. JenR

It's in a coverall arena -- so do you think your camera could do ok there Lori?

Jami -- we know...Grandma has a really nice Sony Hi8, and it's practically useless, along with every movie she ever made on it :p

ET -- they used to loan cameras and video cams out of the two libraries, but this is Chuck Vegas, guess what happened to the equipment? I don't think the party rental place is even in business anymore, and I don't think they have camera equipment either.

10. SIERRA

SIERRA New Member

jenm....... I have no idea where Chuck vegas is...... I am in Plano...... I have a video camera you can use if you come pick it up

11. JenR

Chuck Vegas (aka. Charleston) is about 45 min. straight south of C-U and about 45 northeast of Effingham.

Thank you so much for the kind offer Sierra, but you're about 4.5 hours away from me. With the price of stupid gas these days, I'd probably save money just buying a camcorder.

Hey, Jami, how much does the software for the Hi8 cost?

12. Jamik

Jamik New Member

Jenm

You know, I haven't even checked. I don't know if I can get what came with it and I'm not sure who to contact to find out. Let me do some checking and I will get back to you. I really need to get something.... it's pretty damned useless otherwise.

13. Jamik

Jamik New Member

Well, I just did some checking. I need a video capture card AND software. The card alone is $100.00 and I can get a nice new camcorder for just over $200.00. I will be buying a new camcorder soon, but proably not as soon as you want a video done.

14. JenR

Thanks anyway Jami -- I need to get one too, but don't want to budget it right now either -- Lori may be able to help me out, and Adrienne's trainer is going to try using hers tonight.