April 24th -26th MWH camping trip

Discussion in 'Happy Trails' started by Tbitt, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I have been thinking about this a LOT.

I'd really like to see it happen.

What do you all say? Yes, No?

If yes:
    Have we pretty much narrowed it down to Ghost hollow (or whatever the name is) out by Springfield?

If we really want to do this, let's get the planning going! I'd LOVE to do this with you all!!!!!

2. Angien

Angien New Member

Re: April 25th -26th MWH camping trip

I am still up for it as long as Buc will still let me ride Bobo....

3. lori

lori New Member

I am most likely up for it. 85% if we are still doing percentages. Of that there is maybe a 50-75% likelihood that I will need to go in on the cabin, my horse can stay at the trailer if they allow that.

4. Jen

Jen New Member

Anyone have a seasoned trail horse for me to ride? Ain't no way I am bringing Dev, I wouldn't last 3 minutes & the trail ride would turn into a round up. I could however bring Spike the wonder mini & his cart.....

5. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

My vote goes to Ghost Hollow. ;D

If we do decide Ghost Hollow a 50% deposit needs to be done. ASAP to hold the date. That would be $300 deposit and the remaining $300 due along with camping and stalls when we arrive.

The deposit is just for the lodge people. So the more you have the less it becomes for all the lodgers. But we need the commitment, so we can tally up everyones rate as a group and then have everyone send thier 1/2 (for deposit). I have agreed that I would run the deposit out to Ghost Hollow. He only wants one payment for the deposit, not alot of little payments. You can mail me the deposit to do so, that is if ya want me too. I will get a receipt and confirmation for the date as well.

The way I see it is, Once you make a commitment theres no refund unless you find someone to take your spot and refund you. If you chose not to commit than there may not be a spot for you if we get enough to make it reasonable. Please anyone that has a better idea about handling the way of reservations on the person to person level let it out. I just don't want to see just a small handful of people get stuck with the full weekend lodge rate. :)

I will be camping. :

I think we lost the old info on Ghost Hollow as far as the rates, I will dig up mey emails and repost.
    But I if I remember right:
    $40 for camping 2 nights, this includes 1 stall
    stalls are $30 for the weekend
    $600 for the lodge
    $50 for a horse daily apprx 2-3 hours of riding
    you can tie horses to your camping trailer if staying in it
    we supply all our own food

6. HorseFarm

HorseFarm New Member

I up for it. I'm willing to share travel expenses from this direction, I have a 4 horse trailer. I also have an extra horse if needed. I will be camping tho, as I have a tent with a great heater, and my horses tie well.

Modified to add, I already put in to have my chores covered for that weekend.

7. Kellysdream

Kellysdream New Member

I'm in!!!!! ;D

8. whoaboy

whoaboy Senior Member

I'm off that weekend, so I am in, but I need a bed and 2 stalls or a pen for them. (so I can sleep well)

9. Tbitt

For some reason I was thinking that if we paid for the entire cabin/bunk house for the 2 nights that the round pens/ stalls were included?

Will they allow High lines ot be put up (with tree savers of course)?

Hey - what happened to the spell check?!?!?!?!? I'm in trouble without it........

10. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

I am very serious about going. I have a tent, a well behaved horse, but no trailer. If anyone who has a tall trailer, has room, please pm me. I'm happy to chip in for gas and stuff too.

11. Shell

Shell New Member

I'm confused.
    Just going with a minuim of 8 people so far, what would the rate be for lodging with a stall? Then for camping with a stall? for the weekend.
    Sounds like more will be camping. Which would increase the rate for lodging, right? If we went, I have a feeling we'd have to lodge it. But, it's sounding to expensive for us to go :(

12. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

Camping is in your horse trailers only as far as I inquired. I would have to talk with him again to see about tents. The idea of the lodge is for the people that don't have LQ's trailer. The more that stays in the lodge the cheaper the rate. Rate example: if 10 commit to the lodge it would be $60 per person + stall rent. But this lodge can hold alot of people. 8 (3 bunk beds and a double) in one room, 6 (2 bunks and a double) in the loft, and couches. If I remember 2 bathrooms and showers, exercise room, Kitchen, and sauna. As Rich Wagner says it's a million dollar faculity. :eek: Otherwise take 600. and divide by total amount of people in the lodge plus an additional $30 for the horse. Trailer Camping is $40 for the weekend this includes 1 stall only. No elec or what in trailer camping. Just dry camping in your trailer.

No stalls or pens came with the lodge. They are extra.

He has an outdoor arena that horses could be turned out in and a round pen set up inside the outdoor arena. He has a couple pastures that can have horse turnout. If the weather is bad and you want your horse indoors he can set up panels for stalls in the indoor arena. He has a few regular inside stalls. Rather you use the pastures, arenas or stalls it's $30(shavings included where nec.)
    Also has pens/stalls set up with panels outside. We would all have to decide where we want to put out horses on arrival as far as pasture vs. arena vs. pens..... But still $30 per horse. You cannot double up horses in a pen and only pay for 1.

I don't think he will allow picket line tying. I can ask if ya want me too. But I didn't see anywhere to run one.

Hope this helped some. :)

13. lori

lori New Member

Man, I cannot plan this far ahead! IT's really hard!

Maybe we should make up a date for US to make up our minds by... I am not totally committed yet, but I'd have no problem with it as long as say, 5 other people were in the lodge. That's still really cheap! The only thing is I am not sure if I am going (though I can make up my mind pretty quick on that), and of course if I can get DW to come (and bring the LQ trailer) then I'd rather sleep in that (but good luck getting him to commit to girly trail ride).

14. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

The idea is to fill up the lodge so that it's not expensive for everyone. So the more that commit the cheaper it gets. :) So come on guys lets help Shell and everyone else out and get as many as we can to fill the lodge.

The longer we wait on booking the lodge the more of a chance we have of not being able to get the date. Turkey hunters will book it. :mad: That is why so much pressure in reserving as fast as we can.

Look at it this way: even if only 10 people rent the lodge it would be (for a couple) 120.00 plus 2 horses is another $60 total of $180. Now we have approx 16 weeks until the end of April so if ya set back 11.25 a week until then you would have your lodging money all saved up ;D and if it's just you than, you would only have to set back approx. $5.63 a week. See it's do able.

15. BUC

BUC Administrator

Since Angie is riding Bo can we go as a couple? LOL

Ok, so you have a firm commitment for 2 for the lodge :)

16. Angien

Angien New Member

HA!
    Yup count me in for the lodge and a stall for Bo...
    Buc you have another horse to ride, right?

17. BUC

BUC Administrator

Yes...um a horse....sure....she is a horse, she just has REALLY big ears and neighs funny ;D

18. Angien

Angien New Member

Sweet! We should have some fun with that one! :th_afrique:

19. Tbitt

Angien, I was talking about you this weekend.....but I could not specifically say it was you, because I forgot your screen name......... :-[

I'll bring my Walker - you tell me what you think about him..........if he has potential for showing..........(remember our conversation a while back? ;) )

20. BUC

BUC Administrator

Ok guys, PonyT actually came up with a good idea.....LOL :D Bear with me because this is going to be a lot of thoughts in a small space :eek:

We have until the end of April, so that gives us a lot of time to implement these things...

In order for us to put the deposit down we need 10 people with $30 each. That holds it and needs to be done ASAP. If we get more than the 10 to commit then it just means that those of us who chipped in on the deposit will have to come up with less $ the weekend of the ride.

What do you guys think about organizing some rummage sales between now and the end of April? If we could get 4 or 5 people willing to have a rummage sale and use those people for a drop off spot to those that can't host one we could put the money in a MWH kitty and make the whole trip affordable to everyone.

I understand that the person hosting a sale would have more items to sell than just the drop off people and would not expect them to donate the full amount of proceeds to the ride at all.

A bake sale could also be implemented into the rummage sales.

Another thought that can also be done along the same lines....tack sales.

If anyone had some tack, maybe just a headstall or girth, they could live without you could put it up for sale and donate the proceeds to the ride. Or we could have an eBay sale. Me or someone else could take the donated tack and list it and put all the proceeds towards the ride. Even if someone couldn't go on the ride at all but wanted to see us have a good time they could throw us a halter or lead, LOL.

So, ok....thoughts on this?

If you guys think this might work we'll start our own thread for it in the Loafing Shed :)