Are all horse people crazy? (Vent)

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by Stateline, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Stateline

Stateline New Member

I bought 2 ponies today and within a few hours of owning them I get an email wanting to see how they are. I email back and say they are quiet and settled. I then get another email asking for me to "expand my thoughts". WTF? I email back saying I did not have a sitter today so I only spent 10 minutes with the ponies but they seemed fine. I told her once I knew them better I could expand my thoughts. She responds back real rude and nasty. What the hell is wrong with people? After her rude comments I told her I would not be writing back to expand my thoughts and I would not email her again. What a nut!

2. twinkle

twinkle New Member

I would give her a pass. It sounds like she really loves those ponies and is worried about how they are adapting. I like her better than someone who doesn't care anything about their welfare.

3. Stateline

Stateline New Member

Well since I went to bed I recieved 2 more emails and they were wierd! She said if she were face to face with me she would punch me, knock me to the ground, then watch a dog lick me, hold me, and then make up? That is just plain crazy! She also said I should just of made up a story to make them feel better. I told her the ponies were fine and once I spent some time with them I would tell her more. Why is that not good enough? I owned the ponies for 5 hours at this point. She wanted me to write a book. The reason I told her I did not spend much time was because I did not have a sitter yesterday. She replied back with that not being her problem and I should just chill out and quit being stressed out due to the economy + She can't help I have too much on my plate. Where did that come from? I did not go with to buy the ponies. I never met this person. I talked to her a few times in emails to get basic info and then talked once on the phone to get directions. She only owned the ponies since August so it is not like she had them forever!
    My friend once bought me a t-shirt that said "What am I fly paper for freaks" It could not be more true!

4. lori

lori New Member

Phew, it's always good when your faced with a situation like that and then they go and prove without question that THEY are the batshit ones.

5. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

So when ya get a sitter, can we have pics of the ponies? ;D :)

6. Stateline

Stateline New Member

Pics will come when I get a new digital camera (which will be soon) My cat knocked mine off our table and now it won't work.

7. PT

PT New Member

I think all horse traders should get together and write a book of all their best/worst stories.
    I'd buy it.

8. Stateline

Stateline New Member

That is funny because I have said the same thing-All the crazy stories I have, I could def. write a book.

9. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Ok - this is a bit scary weird!

Do not, reply to her anymore. KEEP all correspondences you have with her...............and if she continues to threaten/harass you. Go to the police.

This is WEIRD, stalker weird!

10. Shannon

Shannon New Member

LOL-

I thought it would be interesting to see if there was a higher prevalence of Personality Disorder in Horse people than the general population (1%) for my Master's Thesis. But, alas, there is no practical application I could think of if my hypotheses were shown supported. ;D

11. Blueyz2

Blueyz2 New Member

I could understand wanting to know how a horse(or pony :)) is doing in there new home.....but she sounds CRAZY! Im with Tbitt, keep those emails....just incase.

12. BUC

BUC Administrator

No shit....and people love to make traders out to be the bad guy. You have no idea of some of the crap we put up with. That's exactly why I got out. After 15 years I was ready to kill someone, anyone.

Ditto on saving the emails and I'm not so sure I wouldn't go ahead and file a report anyway to cover your ass if she decides to reclaim ownership or something. Sounds like a freaky bitch.

13. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

In regards to the title of this thread:

Uhm, yeah.

Horse people range from the charmingly eccentric to the psychotic and sociopathic, but they are all, nonetheless in some form or fashion cracked.

14. Jen

Jen New Member

Thats insane

15. Shadow

Shadow New Member

Sounds freakin' scary to me...

I recently purchased a horse...( last Mon.) off of MWH..and I have to say through the whole deal I was very pleased with the infomation provided..and the honesty , the horse is what they say she is, and I SO APPRECIATE that honesty..cause 90% of the time most horse dealers,people, etc. "THAT I HAVE HAD CONTACT WITH REGUARDING BUYING & SELLING " have turned out to be lying cheating, theiving, snakes..NOT all mind you but ALOT..and this recent experience was very friendly, informative, & pleasant.
    I have sent several updates about the mare and we have cooresponded back and forth and I really appreciate this open dialog, especially if anything pops up and I have questions.
    SO in requards to your question...NO not all are crazy...but IMHO a HUGE % are. THANKS JORIE !!!! ;D

16. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Nope, they're all crazy -- remember, some are just charmingly eccentric (because you have to be half baked to even own horses) ;)

I'm with T and BUC, this person sounds like one of the ones at the opposite range o' teh crazy. I'd keep every bit of correspondence, write down every phone call, conversation, and maybe give law enforcement a heads up if this continues. To want to know how the ponies are settling in is one thing, but some of the stuff this person has commented on is just plain freaky.

17. Jumpybordercollie

Jumpybordercollie New Member

She threatened physical violence in her email. Call the PD in her town, and make a report.
    You don't need a stalker.

18. darkhorse

darkhorse New Member

Not to be paranoid, but I agree. She is a whacko who did physically threaten you. Remember the story of that nut job who contacted the pregnant woman about buying a puppy from her or whatever, then killed her for her unborn child? You just never know.

19. sandburs

sandburs New Member

This seller did not happen to be from the northern IL area??? I know of one up there who is a little off the rocker, who deals in a lot of ponies. Just curious.
    Horse people are for the most part a little nutty, but it is the bad ones who give us all a bad name. Not everyone is dishonest as I am sure most of the folks here on the board know. Seems as though the few good ones seem to come together, like here. We don't have any nut jobs on this board, I thought that is why we have our own place now!! ;D

20. Stateline

Stateline New Member

No this lady was a private seller. These were her only ponies.