AT&T- AT&T U-Verse Vent AARRRGGGHHHHH

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by WindyKnollFarm, Jan 12, 2009.

1. WindyKnollFarm

WindyKnollFarm New Member

AT&T- AT&T U-Verse Vent AARRRGGGHHHHH

What a NIGHTMARE!! If you are considering switching to U-Verse, think long and hard about it.

My parents switched, did not like it, have tried to cancel and switch back to all their old carriers (ironically their landline is also At&T) and for three weeks have had nothing but nightmares. Today was the final straw! All U-Verse service was finally disconnected after numerous hours on the phone with AT&T, and many, many repeated conversations along with a confirmation that the landline would be restored. Alas- because U-Verse did not put in a work order to have their landline reconnected, my 84 year old parents have LOST the only phone number AND SERVICE that they have ever had....for 60 YEARS! All of my falther's doctors have this number, father is in poor health and awaiting test results from his cardiologist via phone. I called AT&T to see what I could do and was told by more than one person that the only way to get the # back was to RECONNECT with U-Verse!! Or just get a new number! This stinks of scam. Finally, after repeatedly asking to speak with supervisors, and supervisor's supervisors....I got Lois on the phone...and she is checking into it, fingers crossed that she can help. THANK YOU, Lois!!

My next call, if needed, is to my state's attornery general's office....my parent's are sitting in their home, WITHOUT phone service with blizzard conditions approaching. But AT&T would love to give my parents ONE free month of service. Yeah- go chew it, AT&T. I have been assured that my parents will have a temp number connected on Wednesday, but that it is an ALL DAY service call. Now, this is NOT a new landline....they had one, it just needs to be switched over....or give them their freaking OLD number back! ....before it is given to someone else....

Of course, I have put this tale into a nutshell, it is sooooo much bigger than I have put down here. It has been a nightmare....my mother is losing sleep and suffering headaches (which she never gets). These old people just don't need this stress!

If anyone here works for AT&T and can give me a few tips, I would appreciate them. Sure, try to explain to me why they can't have their old number back....but it sure sounds like U-Verse is holding the number hostage until they sign back up with U-Verse....which can't happen for 4 WEEKS because their installers are soooo backed up anyway!

Thanks all for letting me vent....and warn you!!

2. Shelley

Shelley Senior Member

Re: AT&T- AT&T U-Verse Vent AARRRGGGHHHHH

AT&T is the anti-christl

3. WindyKnollFarm

WindyKnollFarm New Member

The anti-christ takes lessons from AT&T. :-

4. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Anti-AT&T all the way!!! will never have them again. We'll go w/o before we go back to those unorganized assholes. :nana:

5. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I'm stuck with Verizon for landline---- lines are so old they are taped together and that is according to the repair man. I asked when DSL would be available and I got laughed at more then once. When the ground gets wet all we have is crackling noises. I'm stuck with it until I decide to just cancel the landline completely and use our cell phones which are with AT&T. No problem, great service, no dead zones for me so far---Have had them for a year now and we love them.

Guess I can't help you out!