Baker Blankets- 13 cents ! ?

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by WindyKnollFarm, Feb 22, 2009.

1. WindyKnollFarm

WindyKnollFarm New Member

2. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

Not what it said when I looked.

A friend tried to order some breeches that were on sale for a crazy low price and they told her it was a mistake and she'd have to pay whatever the correct price was. I'll be interested to see if you actually get the blankets. Keep us posted.

3. PT

PT New Member

I ordered two, but also put a note in the order comments asking that if the total price in incorrect to please contact me BEFORE processing the order.

Guess we'll find out!

4. WindyKnollFarm

Oooo- good idea PT- wish I'd thought of doing that. Oh well.

Poods- it says clearance $144, and list price 13 cents right above that. When you put it into your shopping cart, you get the 13 cent price. With shipping, you can get 8 for under $10. :)

5. PT

PT New Member

K, this is weird.

With the posted link, the list price is $.13, BUT when you go back to the main page listing all of the stable blankets, then click on the Baker blanket again, this list price is $199, and the sale price is $149.... :-

ETA... I'm actually having a guilt trip by placing that order because either someone is gonna lose their job, or Dover is going to lose a lot of money, or their going to piss off a bunch of customers, or all three! I know if they contact me to deny me the order I'm not going to argue... :) I'm such a dork.

6. Shannon

Shannon New Member

Right on the FRONT page and all pages at the bottom it says, "Not responsible for Typographical errors. Prices subject to change without notice"

I will be floored if any of you actually get the blankets for $0.13.

7. PT

PT New Member

But can they charge us the full price without notifying us first? Or at least me with the note I put in the order comments?

8. BUC

BUC Administrator

And if you guys do get them I'll pay you DOUBLE what you paid for a 74 ;D

9. PT

PT New Member

This is one of the sizes I ordered.. ;D

I just did a chat with a customer service rep, they're going to have someone on the order desk call me BEFORE the order processes. I can't afford a $300 booboo!

10. WindyKnollFarm

Or they will tell us that the blankets are out of stock.

11. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

HA! I too just called CS.

She said that this is clearly an error...........I said Not clearly when it is allowing people to complete the order!

But she said that they will contact everyone who ordered before they process the orders!

Can you imagine.............they are supposed to be $144...............times that by how many you oprdered! :eek: .....ouch!!!

12. Shell

Shell New Member

Last night I put 4 in my cart. Less tan $10 with shipping. Decided to wait till this morning and ask Mike about doing it. Told him I looked all over the site about cost. Anyways, looked this morning in my cart and total bill was $600. I removed the items.
    Although, thinking about getting the Ariat
    Terrain Waterproof Insulated boots for $59.90, reg $119

13. Pixin

Pixin New Member

Thats a really good price on the Ariats! www.tackoftheday.com has a sale on Ariats until Mon. at noon.

14. desederada

desederada New Member

I hate Baker blanket as far as I'm concerned 13 cents is too much ;) JMO

15. Shell

Shell New Member

Pixin, I thought so too!
    When I was looking for a new pair, I decided against the waterproof to save a little money, plus how often did my other pair get wet? Not often enough to pay extra.
    Plus, I got muck boots for really wet conditions when needed.

But, it would be nice to have a pair of insulated, even for the next winters coming.

I love Ariats!
    Thanks for the link :)

16. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Ad is showing:
    List Price: $144.90
    Dover Price: $144.90

:-

17. Shell

Shell New Member

yeah, I see that too, contacted an online customer service person and questioned it. She said the price is $149.80 and on sale for $144.90.
    I questioned about only being $5 off and she said the Baker's never change their styles and they just sell the same product the following year.

I guess she didn't understand I was asking about the mistake too :-

18. miss_santana

miss_santana New Member

Heh, I ordered one, too, just to see what would happen and possibly score a cheap blanket out of it. Also ordered a leather halter.

They called me this AM to let me know the price was a mistake and they'd canceled my order. :p

19. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Wonder what would have happened if no one had contacted Customer service?

20. WindyKnollFarm

La la la la- I still haven't gotten a call! 8)