Bamboo floors?

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by darkhorse, Feb 26, 2009.

1. darkhorse

darkhorse New Member

Anyone know anything about them? We were going to put down hardwood in our livingroom, but someone told us to check out bamboo. Supposedly it is cheaper than hardwood and stronger? Articles I found on the internet say both good and bad about them. Anyone have bamboo flooring?

2. Pixin

Pixin New Member

Beware of visiting Panda Bears, they might eat it! :D

3. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

OMG! Pixin! That is funny!

I do not know anyone with bamboo floors.......Sorry, I'm not help - I was just excited from Pixin's reply! She is such a bad girl.

Were you going to install it yourself?

If not, Maybe call the people you were thinking of installing the flooring and ask if they have any experiance with it.

If you do go with Bamboo - Please document it for us! I'd love to see how it goes!

4. darkhorse

darkhorse New Member

Funny, Pixin. Funny.
    We wouldn't be installing it ourselves. I found out one of my sister's friends has one, so we went and looked. It looks really cool, very similar to hardwood but you can tell it isn't. Price wise, I guess it is a little less than hardwood, and she said it handles pet paws (scratching) and water better than hardwood. Says it is nearly impossible to warp it. Gave me the name of a few people who do it but said at this point most flooring places probably do it. It is the new thing for people who want to "green" their homes.

5. Angien

Angien New Member

I have a bamboo floor in my bedroom.
    My hubby installed it. I LOVE it to death.
    MUCH easier to clean than the pergo in the other two bedrooms and hallway.
    DO IT!

6. asuits

asuits New Member

EVERYTHING is easier to clean than pergo. Pergo just sucks.