Barn fire, north of Malta?

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by Imzadi, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Imzadi

Imzadi New Member

I just got a call from someone about a barn fire North of Malta. She was calling to see if it was my farm, which it is not. The rumor was that they lost 10 horses....does anyone know anything about this? I was wondering if the people needed any help.

2. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

:'(

This is scary.

I pray that this gets under control asap!

3. StarryNight924

StarryNight924 New Member

How far north of Malta are we talking?

4. Imzadi

Imzadi New Member

Marie is who called me.

5. Pixin

Pixin New Member

The Fire Dept. was sent out there around 1:00am. This was John and Amy Klinks barn.
    I got there around 1:15am and the barn was fully engulfed. Im really hoping that those poor animals died quick.
    It was very,very sad.. Ten horses died.

Keep John,Amy,Mellanie and the boarders in your thoughts and prayers. :'( :'(

6. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Oh, I was hoping the info Imzadi got was wrong..................i'm sorry to hear that it is true!....... :'(

I will definately say a prayer - or two for them! :'( :'(

7. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

OMG that is everyones worst fear--

Lots of prayers and hugs going out to the family

8. StarryNight924

StarryNight924 New Member

That is a terrible thing to happen to anyone. I freaked this morning when I saw north of Malta, but then again Marie's is a ways north of there. I hope the best for the owners and remaining horses.

9. BUC

BUC Administrator

10. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

CRAP! I know them, I've used their indoor arena!!!! Best wishes to them and let me know if there's anything I can do to help...they are 12 miles from me.

11. BUC

BUC Administrator

Pixin is on AOL (their having issues) and can't get on and wanted me to pass this along:

Okay, Lisa (KMKressedvm) spoke with the girl at Huebers and anyone interested can call and give a credit card or send a check for feed. One bag with tax is $13.33. Tell them to ask that it go to the John and Amy Klink Barn Fire account. Huebers is also checking to see who they know that has hay.

Hueber LLC
    110 Main St
    Monroe Center, IL 61052

(815) 393-4879

12. horselessnolonger

horselessnolonger New Member

Thanks for passing that along BUC.

13. Appyrider

Appyrider New Member

I sent Pix and email of a guy that has hay in Waterman - (friend of my hubby's boss)

If they need transport, I can come out one day and load up my truck too

14. TwistedWire

TwistedWire Guest

tbitt-you may remember Amy...we went to her barn for a few field trips...were you in her classes? Her name wasn't Klink at the time.

15. morapt

morapt New Member

I may know of someone with big squares for sale in the stillman area. I'm checking now and hope to hear something tonight.

16. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

Hay is a much better donation than grain, horses can certainly live without grain...unless Hueber has hay cubes.

I called my farrier and his wife since they know the Klinks. They will try to help find some hay in that area too.

How many horses are left alive?

17. Horsemommy47

Horsemommy47 New Member

Just got the call (been gone all day)

Starrynight is headed back to the barn and is checking on getting a 500lb bale for them.

I have calls out and can pick up hay tonight from the DeKalb/Sycamore/Maple Park area if anyone has some to offer.

18. BUC

BUC Administrator

I believe 9 survived.

19. BUC

BUC Administrator

I just got this via email:

A fund to help the surviving horses has been set up in care of the National Bank & Trust Company, 230 W. State St., Sycamore, IL 60178, phone 815-895-2125.

20. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

Did they lose ALL of their hay? I know someone in Cherry Valley with at least 100 big square 800# bales in his barn, but I doubt that he would give any away for free. They cost $70. I can pick one up very easily in my truck, but I can't put up the entire cost...

How horrible this whole thing is...