Basic Obedience

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Buffy, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Buffy

Buffy New Member

... classes in the Yorkville area ???
    We need a refresher around here. I can only do one night a week and would prefer smaller classes (not no 50 dog at a time thing ::)) My dog can't concentrate with that much going on around him. (part of what we need to work on ;))
    Any information is appreciated.
    TIA!
    :)

2. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

Have you checked PetSmart? I took classes at one once upon a time with Milo. The trainer was good and there were 4 or 5 dogs in the class. It was once a week and as I recall they had several options as far as days go.

Also took classes once at a community center. I think it was in that town's area recreation booklet or something. You could check with the village.

Good luck!!!

3. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

I took a couple Petsmart training courses too with Sam and the trainer I had was very good and Sam did well.

4. Buffy

Buffy New Member

I've heard negatives in the past about going there. The people I talked to felt that their dog was too much for the trainer, but they passed them anyway to get the dog out of there. ::) So I was leery, but I'm thinking I may look into it for myself.

Besides, Shad works there, so it can't be all THAT bad! ;)

Thanks guys!

5. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

It so happens that.......when we went to get all Jack's new goodies last night at the new one in "Dorkville", one of the trainers was trying to get me to sign up for a class that's starting next week I think.

6. Buffy

Buffy New Member

oh, oh, oh!!! Ya wanna do it with me? I need a Tuesday night class though. :- I'm going to go in there tomorrow!

7. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

What? Training? My new dog? He's perfect. :p :nana:

Seriously, find out how much it is, and let me know. He really is a great dog, but needs a refresher course on jumping up on people, and has NO leash manners.

Although, it was SO nice to walk in the door tonight and have someone be SOOOOO happy to see me. I missed that. Now he won't leave my side.

8. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww... Yeah, I'll get all the specifics tomorrow.

9. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

I guess it would depend on what trainer each store uses, whether it's good or not. Guess I got lucky with mine.