Bat vs husband

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by MyTeDun, Jan 13, 2009.

1. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Last evening I had to come to the rescue!

A bat somehow got in the house and had managed to get into the room we use for the desktop computer. WELL, hubby was playing a computer game and saw something out of the corner of his left eye. Needless to say he turned and saw a bat swooping down towards him! Yep, he yelled for me~

Now I have no fear of bats or just about anything but and thats a HUGE but -------spiders, even the little guys give me the creeps!

I kept an eye on the poor thing who was thoroughly confused at this point, the big brave guard dog never picked up his head and hubby went for something for me to catch the bat in. By this time the bat had made it downstairs to the LR and roosted on a log next to the fireplace-----
    I had to go to hubby to get the pot and lid to catch this poor thing. Terrifying job- I walked to the wall, put the pot under him and used the lid to slide him in. I'm laughing my ass off the whole time (bad wife)---I put the damn thing back outside and put the pot in the dishwasher.

Story over ~~~

What on earth is so scarey about a flying mouse?

2. desederada

desederada New Member

When I was in grade school I stayed all night at a friends house. They had this huge really old victorian house. Well in the middle of the night we awoke to a blood curdling scream downstairs. A bat was flying around and her mom was going freaking balistic :eek: Good thing the Mr. wasn't afraid he managed to trap it but I will never forget the screaming :D

3. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

My husband has that mastered, tennis racket and down it goes! I was impressed the first time he took one down! He has lived in this house and had some practice before. They are so little...

4. Shadimac

Shadimac New Member

Lol. Bat stories, I must add my own:

So I was living in an old farmhouse in college and one of the windows at the time did not close all the way. There was always a crack at the top that was open, maybe an inch or two tall. So there I was one night, sleeping peacefully. I wake up confused, to a strange sound. I flipped on the light and saw the cat running in circles trying to whack at something. I look to the ceiling where her focus is directed, low and behold, a bird is flying circles in the room, amazingly able to avoid the in motion ceiling fan.

Still a little dazed from being awoken, I go to my roommates room. "There's a bird in my room!" I say.

"Well, close my door, I don't want him in here!"

Realizing she was going to be no help, I headed back to my room and put on my glasses only to see the figure flying at me was indeed not a bird, it was a little pig eared, snub nosed little bat, and flying right to my face. I shut the door, and ran downstairs, and awaited for the bat to find its way out.

It did by sunrise. :D

I also had another bat experience when I was living in Kansas. I went swimming at friend's outdoor pool party, and come dusk they just swarmed the area and were swooping down by the pool right in front of us! (Catching mosquitoes I'm assuming) Creepy! There were dozens of them!

5. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

LOL!!!

We used to roll up little pieces of bread and throw it up at them when they were out (bets).. then we would be mean ass little kids and start throwing same size pebbles up to see what would happen... those damn bats would grab those pebbles and throw them back at us!!!! LOL we were easily amused back in the day.. LOL

6. desederada

desederada New Member

We used to throw the frisbee at street lights and watch them dive at them.

7. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

Not to long ago a friend of mine had one in her house in sandwhich she said it was acting weird the caught it in something and took it to be tested for rabies which it did have hence it acting so weird. When I was little about 12 I think I was at summer camp and was talking to this girl who was washing heer clothes in one of those old time washers that had the wringer on top that you had to feed the clothes threw when all of a sudden I saw something coming toward us and as a reflex I ducked and the damn bat went right through the wringer now that was a gross site let me tell you so I probably would scream if I saw another one.

8. asuits

asuits New Member

MTD - I'm right with your husband. I am TERRIFIED OF BATS!

9. Margot7

Margot7 New Member

You actually let your husband on the computer long enough to play a computer game? ;D ;)

10. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

He has possession of the desktop computer without any internet, I have my laptop with wireless card. ROFL!!!! All he is interested in is his games so we are safe.