Best Value? Paid horse classifieds...

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by lori, Feb 13, 2009.

1. lori

lori New Member

I want to pay to put up a photo, maybe also a video on a horse classified sites. Where will I get the most bank for my buck, do you think? Equine.com or dreamhorse seem to be the worthwhile ones these days...

2. Shannon

Shannon New Member

FWIW ::)

Personally, I HATE equine.com and when I was horse shopping recently, I never even checked equine.com. JMO.

However, if you have a pleasure horse, pleasurehorse forum requires you to post on equine.com in order to put an add on pleasure horse forum, so you may have more pleasure horses on equine.com

3. desederada

desederada New Member

Either of those I like to look at the photos on Equine .com better I think :-

4. desederada

desederada New Member

Why?

5. Jen

Jen New Member

6. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

I usually look on Dreamhorse. I go on equine occassionally.

7. Shannon

Shannon New Member

I hate the layout (dark), navigation abilities, and especially the picture quality. I hate that if you dont pay for a picture the ad pretty mush has NO information. I dont like that you cant see who the owner of the horse is either. I find the constant " you have someone interested in more information about your horse- put up a picture to see who it is" OBNOXIOUS when I had an Ad on Equine.com. Just let the people e-mail me! But no, if I did not have apicture and the person interested in my horse clicked "request a Picture" it would not be that I would get a e-mail request for a picture, I would get an eqine.com request to pay for a picture ad ::)

I like the bright, white, background on deamhorse much better. The ads have the owner's name or farm, and even if there is no picture there is still enough text for a decent ad and a PEDIGREE. Much more user friendly. Figured I could find enough prospects between asking on the PHF and looking on dreamhorse to look at- and I did.

I would prefer to go to horsetopia or agdirect over equine.com.

8. lori

lori New Member

I wish they'd give you an indication of viewers... but it would also matter by what discipline.

I can put a $50 ad on prorodeohorses.com, which is higher than the competition but those horses are all more comparable. However--I was horse shopping for several years before I discovered that web site, so I really wonder how many people actually go there. Argh.

9. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

Equinehits.com lets up put up 4 photos for FREE!!!!!

10. Roherynn

Roherynn New Member

I 100% agree with Shannon about Equine.com. I rarely ever look at it anymore because it just sucks. For a while there, if I did a search on stallions 50 miles away, I would get horses that were hundreds of miles away.

Dreamhorse is my #1, followed by horsetopia. I used to kind of like equinehits, but then popups started appearing, and I do not like just searching states.

11. Buffy

Buffy New Member

When I had my last horse up for sale, I got the most hits on horsetopia.com. That's where I ended up selling her too. I paid for her picture there and I think you actually get to place 3 photos for the same price??? Or it was very reasonable, which is why I went with them. JMO

12. Stateline

Stateline New Member

I like horsetopia

and horseville.com lets you post free videos and pictures!

13. Daretodream

Daretodream New Member

www.equinenow.com is connected with allbreedpedigree and they have some great upgrade options for ads including the code to put your ad on craigslist. If you have an upgraded ad they will link to allbreedpedigree and add the pedigree to the ad as long as the horse is listed on allbreed.
    www.horseclicks.com is a good one for listing with free photos
    Agdirect has really nice ads to look at but I don't know how much traffic they have.
    Have you gone to http://barrelhorseworld.com/? I think for your mare that you have listed now she would go pretty fast off of that site. Good luck!

14. desederada

desederada New Member

The thing that's different about Dreamhorse is that you can exclude certain breeds when doing a search. For instance when I want to search for a horse in the state of FL I can exclude TB and QH and I've cut the number of horses I have to sort thru down to a very small number :D

15. mydanes

mydanes New Member

cool thanks for posting this one - I am getting ready to run ads and had not looked at agdirect in a long time and forgot about it. I just went there - great idea I think they are reasonable too :)