Book!

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by equusteacher, Mar 2, 2009.

1. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

I Need Books!

Well, suggestiong of books anyway!

I'm reading the twighlight series. They are ok.
    Wouldn't mind more vampire type stories.
    Suspense thrillers/ Mysteries are good. (I've read every J.D.Robb and Dick Frances book out there)
    Romantics are ok as long as they aren't too cheesy. (I've read and reread the Diana Gabaldon historic romance series. LOVE them)

I need suggestions of good reads. Nothing too heavy as I'm seeking "brain candy" type escape from my busy and hectic schedule.
    I'm heading on a weeks vacation shortly and really want to take a few books along to sit and vege with.

Anyone have a suggestion or 10?

2. BUC

BUC Administrator

OOOoooOOoHHHhhhh! I have several books I'm getting ready to get rid of. Want me to bring them to you? I mean seriously, you can even pitch them as you read them. I don't ever want to see them again :)

3. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Snow Falling on Cedars is a good book
    Women of Brewster Place
    Autobiography of a Family Photo -- you can get through it in a day, kinda sad
    any Jane Austen work
    Skinny Legs and All -- ANY Tom Robbins' novel but the best in my opinion are:
    Jitterbug Perfume
    Villa Incognito
    Still Life With Woodpecker
    Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas
    Guns of August -- history that's readable
    Far from Cibola -- another one you can get through in a day
    Intellectual Morons -- actually a pretty fair take on what's been wrong with our politics for the past twenty years, and an easy read

I've got more

4. susiebk

susiebk New Member

anything by Christine Feehan....if you like vamps, try her dark series.....dark prince, dark magic, .......Susan Elizabeth Phillips is fun....try It had to be You....very funny, set in Chicago/DuPage (which is where SEP lives)....

5. Jen

Jen New Member

Virtually anything by Harlan Coben

6. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Thanks gals!
    Great ideas all.

BUC, sure! That's be awesome! :)

7. Willie76

Willie76 New Member

Tess Gerritsen is always, always good for medical/crime thriller. I really like her newest ones...The Bone Garden, and something else about mummies. The Bone Garden kept me up at night.

Or you can start with The Surgeon, it's a 5 part series. The Surgeon, The Apprentice, The Sinner, Body Double, & The Mephisto Club follow each other. They're awesome books.

8. cherokee

cherokee New Member

Lori Wick (she is a christian fiction author) she is great.

Steven Blye (another christian fiction author) has a horse series out

For romance I like Fern Michaels,

I have a lot of the Dick Frances books have only been able to read one but can't wait
    to get the others started.

9. kats

kats New Member

Iris Johansen, Patricia Cornwell, Linda Fairstein, Michael Connelly. I love a good mystery

10. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

Cold Mountain
    Snow Falling on Cedars

You could start the series by Diana Gabaldon (not sure of sp). Takes place in Scotland long, long ago and has a time travel element to it. Big thick books and there are at least six of them.

11. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

Outdoorsy lightweight page-turners are my latest kick. All the books by CJ Box and I just started reading a few by William Kent Krueger (Copper Canyon and Thunder Bay) very good reads.
    When I read, other than trying to figure out who did what, I do not want to think. No symbolism, no deep thoughts past "damn, glad that isn't me...."

12. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

I have all of them Poods and have read and reread! LOVE them! ;D

13. PT

PT New Member