Border Collies

Discussion in 'Critter Swap' started by JenR, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

We've got a litter of pups, ready 8/27 or after -- 3 males, 3 females. ABCA papers, eligible for AKC, ISDA, and AIBCA registration. Last litter out of Jack -- and his only other litter did pretty well at everything they were put to (from working pigs, to obedience/agility/trials, to just being somebody's pet).
    Black and white, should mature medium sized in height and bone structure, medium rough coat, prick/half prick ears, good toplines, good leg structure, and good breed quality (sex quality is ok, these pups run to the masculine in type), same sort of versatility if not moreso (this litter has stood out as highly biddable to training). Lines have no history of hip, eye, or deafness issues and no inbreeding to the 6th generation (so this is a hard outcross -- probably as much as you are going to get in a purebred BC).
    Have had 1 shot so far and 1 worming, fully weaned, beginning housebreaking, have been introduced to agility obstacles, collar/lease, car rides, livestock, strangers, and are beginning basic obedience commands (come/sit/down/stand/come along/out), have been bathed and had nails done, raised in home with other dogs, children, and a cat (who doesn't know if he wants to hate them or play with them). Contact me for price (reasonable) and to talk about the contract (again, reasonable, but there is one) or to just talk Border Collies -- and we can chat about how freaking awesome they are;) -- if interested.

2. JenR

We've got three left, 2 females and 1 male. Pictures on my FB.

3. JenR

One pup left -- little black female. We call her Pumpernickel. She's the smallest of the litter (shouldn't go over 30 lbs. full grown) and ok, is the least attractive.
    But she's really cute (she's got Jack's perpetual smiley face and while her ear set is not good it does make her look like she's sporting Punky pigtails), has a great personality (which makes her cute), does her basic commands well as well as working on a couple of tricks, and is the closest thing to a lap Border Collie I've ever seen.
    I'd really love to see someone get her who would work with her as a potential therapy dog (and I'm willing to negotiate the price for somebody who would at least try her out at that) -- loves to cuddle, is mild mannered, and doesn't mind being fussed over at all (she likes to be held and rocked like a baby or just lay down by your feet...so she's got the right attitude for therapy dog work).

Oh, and Cicily reads to her when she comes home from school, so the P-nickel is literate (as well as having a unique name).

4. JenR

Ok, Austin, how do I archive this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.