Cell phone holder

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Buffy, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Buffy

Buffy New Member

OK, so I mentioned in another thread how I needed a cell phone holster for riding. The kind that straps to your leg or thigh. I KNOW I've seen them out there, but I can't find one now.
    Anyone know where I can get one of these ???

TIA

2. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Ha! I was thinking about this just the other day......

But..............I want something that goes on your arm.

Some of the trails we ride are way tight and we can easily bang our legs. Or, if you are quick enough , you have to pick up your knees so they don't knock on the trees.

I don't want to put it on my hip - same reason above, and what if you fall - you will definitely fall on your phone..........what is that law?......if a bad thing can happen it will?!?!.... :mad: Found it: Murphy's law

So, Ya.............is there anything out there for your arms?

3. Blueyz2

Blueyz2 New Member

I think I saw one in one of my millions of magazines...I'll have to search for it :)

4. Buffy

Buffy New Member

See those are cute. My problem is the mongloid cell phone that I have. It's UUUUUUGE! It's like the original nextel brick. But it's also my work phone, so I can't just go trading the darn thing in! :-[

http://www.horsetackinternational.com/pocket-pack-carrier.html
    There's this ^ one, but again, it just attaches to the belt. I wonder if it's more secure than the standard plastic holster I have now for the phone ???

5. Tbitt

6. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

7. WindyKnollFarm

WindyKnollFarm New Member

I know that the stretchy ones will fit an iPhone, if that helps. :-

8. Buffy

Buffy New Member

I have the BIG Sm&p phone! The i365. So not sure that one would work :-
    But that's exactly what I'm looking for!!!

9. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Well, if you can't find a case that has an armband, you can always find one that you like that has the loop on the back, and make your own armband w/ velcro on it. Would be really easy to make one.

10. pinp

pinp New Member

11. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Looks like most of these are the same type. But, what Buffy isn't getting across is that this particular phone is approximately 7-8 inches long and about 4 inches wide. :- It isn't a flip phone. There's no way that they will fit in a normal size cell phone case. :mad:

I'll keep looking, but at least everyone knows now, how friggin big this phone IS... ;)

12. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

if you are near an Amish place have them make you one :)

13. Rexy78

Rexy78 New Member

Wow, With a phone like that who needs a man. :eek:

14. Tbitt

I wonder if it has the vibrate option? >:D

15. Buffy

Buffy New Member

YES, it does! :laugh:

:angel:

16. cherokee

cherokee New Member

Why wouldn't a smaller fanny pack work? I found some smaller ones at walmart
    the other day for 5.00 you could also put other necessaties in it and the phone would
    be attatched to you and out of your way.

I picked up two more universal holders today for 3.00 each they are like the one I have already but a bit bigger. Mine closes with velcro then has the snap straps for extra safty
    it also has the belt clip or you can put a metal snap on the ring and attatch it right to your
    belt loop wich is where mine is all the time.

17. Buffy

Buffy New Member