Clipper recommendations

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by Sarah315, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Sarah315

Sarah315 New Member

I need some new clippers. The last pair I had was crap from the day I got them, now they are dead. I don't want to spend a fortune, but I want them to last more than one year. I need to do bridle paths on the horses, not body clipping, and I also need to periodically shave a cat. Any suggestions?

2. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Oster A-5.
    I like the 2 speed but have used the single speeds too and they are great clippers. WELL worth the $.

3. desederada

desederada New Member

I have the A-5 2 speed but I haven't used them since I got the Wahl Arco SE cordless with an adjustable blade. Nothing wrong with the A-5 but I really like the cordless because my horse really likes to eat cords ;) I also like not having to switch blades all the time.
    http://www.precisionsharp.com/wahl_arcose.html

4. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

I've had Oster A-5s and Wahls (the top line corded one they make) -- both are very good clippers, but Jessica has a Laube Cowboy and that thing kicks butt. Little bit harder to find than some of the others, but it's a nice clipper. They have corded and cordless varieties.
    I think Jessica likes it because it's pink.

5. snaffle

snaffle Guest

hey des I love those wahl arco moser se clippers too!!!

AND.. I shaved my cat last year with it too...
    quick and easy !!

You can pick up one on ebay for close to $70..
    sometimes if you are lucky you can get them cheaper

6. funnypaint

funnypaint New Member

I have the pink cordless Wahls (the breast cancer support ones). Really, really love them. They can tackle body clipping but are really quiet and perfect for ears, bridles paths, muzzles, etc. I think I paid $40 or $50 and I got a free hat with them. :)

7. snaffle

snaffle Guest

One of the BEST things about Wahl is..

if you live close enough to drop the clippers off yourself for repair..

it is so CHEAP with their charges !!!!

8. April

April New Member

I have two pair of the old oster a2 clippers. Got them on eBay for $50 a pair. one pair came with about 20 blades and four extra heads. I love the fact that I can twist the head off and put on a different blade. My vet has a pair of a2 he still uses in his office.

9. Horsemommy47

Horsemommy47 New Member

Got mine at Farm & Fleet..blue...think they are the Wahls??

Have not had any problems...did 6 bridle paths in one day ;)

10. glf01

glf01 New Member

When you find out what you like check out Ebay I got mine there at a good price

11. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

I have Wahls and Osters I love my Osters.