Curse words - what offends you?

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Tbitt, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

OK There isnt a damned thing that offends me AT all. I love the C word and will tell ya I am one if you ask. Maybe its being a lil redneck maybe its all the time I spend in MC's but nothing offends me. Less ya call me a RUB. Then there may be a few things to prove. I use cunt to describe my MC friends and the do the same for me. But they know if i call some one a twat that I would rather poke their eyeballs out than talk to them.

2. Willie76

Willie76 New Member

Nothing offends me. Nothing. And I use em all too. Some of them I won't say in public, because I would probably be ripped apart or shot. And I only use certain things/phrases if somebody REALLY deserve them.

3. Jen

Jen New Member

It's the context that will push me to the limit, nothing worse than listening to some ignorant jerkoff curse or spout racial slurs.

4. Morganfan608

Morganfan608 New Member

Aaahh, the dreaded douche-bag....our fav QH mare birthed a devel's spawn, POS that my sons called a douche-bag....we registered her as A Cool Summer's Eve. ;D
    Yes, Jenm, your house sounds very much like my house :angel:.....and all my Italian friends homes. Just hasn't been the same since Poppy passed away....I can still hear him cussing (in Italian) while watching the White Sox in his wife beater on the durafab covered couch.....Did you guys have the plastic runner from the front door to the kitchen and the bathtub shrouded statue of Our Blessed Virgin as well? :th_backtotopic:

5. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Nope, no plastic runner -- that was Grandma's house ;D We USED to have one, and then my dad's favorite hunting dog (who I swear he liked and treated better than any person) tore it up. Mom bitched; Dad was affronted (and cursing) that she would curse the dog.

No statue of the Blessed Virgin, but a great big cross with Jesus on it and lots of pictures of Mary and the whole pantheon of saints. And my mom still passes out prayer cards and rosaries as gifts.

Oh, and Mr. J had a lot of adjustment to make -- the fact that people would follow him from room to room, talking loudly wasn't something lil ol whitebread him was quite used to. Once, at a family get together at my aunt's house we got the cops called on us -- the neighbors thought there was some type of domestic disturbance taking place; the fam was just having an after dinner conversation.

Ok, :th_backtotopic:

6. shyfilly78

shyfilly78 New Member

I don't like J.C. as well or GD...I prefer Holy Potatoes!

I do have the mouth of a sailor but can and will send me into a heated tailspin is someone using the "N" word (racial). My grandmother uses it all the time and I rarely go see her because of it.

7. 4horses

4horses New Member

:-* ET. Actually I should have called it my kitty (at least that's what the fiance calls it) instead of my coochy. It's much cuter. ;D I too have the mouth of a truck driver. My dad was a cement mix truck driver and when he came home there was nothing sacred in the form of conversation. My moms the saintly one. She actually said bitch the other day and I almost fell off my chair. If you say fuck (and it better be accidently) around her she will read you the riot act, always makes me feel like crawling under a rock. (sorry mom) She HATES the word.

8. snaffle

snaffle Guest

That is at the top of my list. I usually loose a lot of respect for people who feel they must use those names in profanity.

I do not appreciate vulgarity used in normal conversation.

I can understand it if someone is exceptionally angry..

but not in every day lanquage..

I feel that the way a female talks..
    separates the ladies.. from the women

9. Shannon

Shannon New Member

We have a really neat "Bathroom" book called "Oaths, Curses and Insults: A Dictionary of Slang"

It give you ever defination of oaths, curses and slang words, including their origin. Really neat book! I think "Fuck" takes up 3 full pages. :D

10. JenR

I defy anyone to grow up in a similar family/household as me and NOT curse fluently, with gusto, and with vehemence -- and on a daily basis. The words, they have a life of their own and find ways of obtaining freedom!

11. snaffle

snaffle Guest

There are a lot of men whom I admire and respect..
    and love having them in my life.

I would like to know what men think of women with trashy mouths.

Would it bother them?

Would it have an affect on how they treat those women?

Would they want to spend time with them?

Personally, I dont care to hang out with a man that has a trashy filthy mouth.
    I like a man who can act like a gentleman and treat me like a lady.

It doesnt hurt if he can wear jeans and doesnt flinch if his boots are full of horse manure... or if he has grease all over his arms.

If he knows how to act like a decent man...
    that is important to me.

12. BUC

BUC Administrator

I have a great man with a mouth worse than mine. Therefore since we have each other we could give a fuck less what anyone else thinks, LOL.

13. paige

paige New Member

The day that I start making what a man like an important consideration in my life is the day I lock myself in the house. I do not live for some other random man or other person, I live for me

And I sure would not worry myself about what a person thinks, if they base their opinions on something so very superficial---it is no different than choosing a friend based on hair color.

I dont think so

14. JenR

I'm sure there are men out there who do not care for women who can curse like a drill instructor (just as there are women out there who cannot abide with men who curse like sailors). Let them choose who they will then -- plenty of fish in the sea after all.

Fortunately, I am married to someone of similar background to myself, and neither of us mind the barracks talk. Ain't love fucking grand?

***And by the by, none of my kids curses that much or really too filthily -- Adrienne's probably the worst, and only when she's boiling mad and looking for a fight, which isn't very often; even Jessica, whose cursing has gone up a notch in the past year, isn't too extreme compared to some of her peers. Nick is a veritable choir boy. So ironically, my kids have much cleaner mouths, and probably act cleaner than quite a lot of others. ;)

15. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

When I am very angry, I cuss like a sailor. The F-Bomb is a frequent visitor to me during those times. The rest of the time, not much.

16. Mischiefsgirl

Mischiefsgirl New Member

Nothing offends me. (As long as the rule - "There is a time and place for everything." is followed).

Other than that, curse away my friends. Curse away.

17. cherokee

cherokee New Member

I try to replace the j and c with cheese and rice. I also use fudge cookies, fittle sticks
    and farts to replace quite a few and then when I want to use the F U depending on
    whom directed at or whom is around I use "Chuck You Farly."

It takes alot to get me ticked to the boiling point that I will let every curse word
    and then some fly out of my mouth.