DAMN

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by April, Feb 2, 2009.

1. April

April New Member

Just got back from the Dr. I tore my rotator cuff in my left shoulder :mad: Thought I did but was hoping if I just ignored it it would go away. I know I did it in 07 but it has gotten so bad in the last 4 months I decided to do some thing about it. I can't even reach the tools in my tool box when working on horses any more. Have to raise the box or reach across with my right hand and get them. And if one kicks or pulls on me the pain will put me to my knees. I even ask for drugs for the pain at the Dr. it hurts so bad. I just want to be able to get a good nights sleep for a change.

2. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Oh April, take care and good luck!
    Rotator cuff damage hurts like hell------ damn I only have a slight tear and it gives me some problems.

What does the Dr. recommend you to do next?

3. April

April New Member

I have an appointment with a surgeon. I was hoping to avoid that. I had my right one done 8 years ago so I know what I am getting into. I have to say it hurt worse then child birth and I did that with out drugs. I got some pain meds today. He said give them a few days to see if they will work for me. I just want to get a good nights sleep for a change. I have not slept for about 4 months unless you count naps in between pain.

4. snaffle

snaffle Guest

wow April...
    there is nothing worse that having pain... everyday.. all day...

hope the drugs kick in for you.

5. Michele

Michele New Member

Oh no, that sucks, hope you can at least sleep now :th_sleeping-smiley-015: :th_sleeping-smiley-015:

6. Daretodream

Daretodream New Member

Sorry to hear you're having so much pain. Hubby ruptured his bicep in July and he had to have surgery for that. It was awful recovering and he still has pain. I hate that it hurts so bad when we put hay up etc. Good luck and I hope you get some rest.

7. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

I go in on Feb 19th to have mine repaired . . . .not looking forward to it.

8. April

April New Member

I got six hours sleep last night. Drugs are my friend.

9. HorseFarm

HorseFarm New Member

My dad has his left repaired, then about two years latter his right done. All he kept saying is all that could hurt worse would be to re injure it again. He did two years latter he fell from a ladder and re tore his left.

The pain sucks, and boy did he get crabby with the lack of sleep.

10. April

April New Member

When I had my right one done I fell two weeks later. Caught myself with my right arm. Ended up with frozen shoulder on top of every thing. The pain with the first one is what has kept me from getting this looked at sooner. But I can't even put a halter on my own horses or stick a tube of wormer in them. If they raise up just a bit I have to let go.

11. shyfilly78

shyfilly78 New Member

girl you sure do procrastinate. I thought you were going to go to the dr. a month ago!
    I hope you get better soon.

12. April

April New Member

I was hoping if I just ignored it it would go away. :p

13. NutsEmom

NutsEmom New Member

Doesn't work for pain, or your in-laws.