Des? Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by Shell, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Shell

Shell New Member

I'd like opinions on a few businesses...

1) Brezard Equestrian Center
    located in Grant FL in Brezard County near Orlando

2) Nationwide Horse Transportation
    and
    Circle S Transportation Service

kind of need fast responses, not urgent, but fast ;)

edit in: my daughter is on the search for a new place of employment and has been offered a job at the center above, and is looking into tranport from AZ to FL

2. desederada

desederada New Member

That's 161.23 miles south of me only been in that area once to visit friend's of my husband. It's right on the ocean just south of Melbourne but about 85 miles from Orlando. It's Brevard Equestrian Center as in Brevard County. http://brevardequestriancenter.com/index.html

I'm not familiar with either of those shippers. Might be hard to get a good rate from Arizona to Florida because I wouldn't think it would be a well traveled route. ???

3. Shell

Shell New Member

:D v and z sound a lot alike over the phone.

Where my daughter's at currently is along the mexican border. Pretty deserted area. She's been quoted around $1400 by both to transport her horse.

I'd like to see her live/work closer to home. She's looking for new employment, horse related of coarse.

4. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Honestly, $1400 sounds about right. :-
    Good luck to her. I'd LOVE a chance to dial back the years and go get a job like that!
    AND.... in Florida too!

5. Shell

Shell New Member

Neither of us are surprised with the cost.

My concern is about the companies and her horse.
    I've read the horror stories, along with happy customers for other transport companies. Would like a heads up or thumbs up that I could pass on to her before a decision is made.

6. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

hey.. I was born in Brevard County, FL :)

7. Shell

Shell New Member

well that helps! :D !!!

8. miss_santana

miss_santana New Member

Depending on how quickly she may be moving out there, this might be completely moot, but: the Scottsdale Arabian show is ending soon. There are at least a few Florida barns there, some might have an extra spot on the trailer ride home and she might be able to save some $$.

9. desederada

desederada New Member

Good idea but I would think most of them would use shippers so you might be able to get a better rate if you find out who they are using to go between AZ and FL.

10. Shell

Shell New Member

Thanks, I'll let her know.

She's been searching for new horse employment for at least a month. The position I applied for was never answered, and the lady (a long time friend of ours) who I would have been helping, quit 2 months ago. The owners gave my daughter her job, until they found a replacement.
    It's been 2 months that my daughter has been doing housekeeping, instead of the job she was hired for over a year ago, being a Wrangler.
    She'd consider staying if she could have her job back, as she's tired of doing laundry and cleaning rooms..she's made $5 in tips in the last 2 months in housekeeping. Where as before, being a Wrangler, she was living off her tips along with paying cash for her horse's needs, and her salery was deposited in her checking account and only withdrawn when she ordered something online. She said she's been a Wrangler twice in the last 2 months.