Dirty Rotten Nasty Stinky

Discussion in 'KiKi's & Poochies' started by BUC, Mar 2, 2009.

1. BUC

BUC Administrator

Dog breath.

Um, yeah.

Help?

How can something so deadly smelling come out of something this cute?

[​IMG]

2. lori

lori New Member

Dirty Teefs.

3. BUC

BUC Administrator

Is it a chew thingie? So far I haven't had any luck getting him to actually chew on stuff....which normally would be a good thing.

I did brush his teeth, but his breath still smells like shit.

4. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

I've got some doggie breathe mints if you want them -- verdict would be out as to whether or not Mr. Killian would be in favor.

5. BUC

BUC Administrator

Mr. Killian (which is now officially Mr. Rudy) is like a hoover vacuum when it come to any kind of treats other than his regular dog food...so something like this might be up his alley...

Lori, normally I would laugh in someones face if they suggested dental care for a critter without a nasty tooth...but as bad as it smells and as much as I kinda like him, I will give that a look too :)

6. lori

lori New Member

OK, so not to sound like someone who is now departed but...

Keeping them in good dental health is a major factor in getting a long healthy life. Tartar --> gingivitis --> pockets in the gums that harbor bacteria --> bacteria spreads to major organs and causes problems.

7. BUC

BUC Administrator

I'm very sure that is true...but my philosophy is somehow they managed to make it for thousands of years without all the fluff we have now. I also refuse to pay more for animal care than human. Now this is just a guess...but how much do you want to bet that it costs more than $40 to have a dogs teeth cleaned? Which is what I pay (even though I have 8 teeth I still have to pay full price :mad:)...

And off to the next rant...someone should not have to be rich to own animals.

8. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

Try some Greenies. They do help.

9. Pixin

Pixin New Member

10. JenR

Next time I'm up around there, I'll drop off the doggie mints -- they're way too tiny for my hounds, and we just give up on Joe; his stink isn't going away anytime soon.

11. lori

lori New Member

Vomit. They have those at Prairieland Feeds in Champaign.

12. JenR

I got mine at the pet store here in town -- you're talking about the breathe mints, right?

Hey, if you ever witness the vile odor that wafts out of Joe joe the Boy-faced Dog, you'd try just about anything to make it stop (which, sadly, the mints didn't do :'().

13. lori

lori New Member

No, disgusting cut-off cow leg treats.... at Prairieland:
    [​IMG]

They look grosser from the top down.

14. JenR

The cow femurs were more of a hit with mine (except the Pit, who is too much of a pussy and won't chew anything more hard than a Kong) -- the feet didn't last more than a few minutes with the others. But the cow feet used to be a hit with Nick when he was younger -- he spend an entire afternoon about 5 winters back, trying to convince us the Jersey Devil had been in our back yard, making tracks through the snow.

15. lori

lori New Member

omg. The Jersey devil. I can still cause goosepimples on myself just thinking about things my Dad said. Glad my Dad doesn't spend much time in the pet store, I know he would have been making prints in the snow...

16. BUC

BUC Administrator

I seriously don't think he'll chew on anything. I got him an array of chew stuff and needless to say they are still in mint condition, LOL. He has a few (ok, a BUNCH) of Beanie Baby toys and it's so funny to watch him "chew" on them. He does that little nibble thing like he's after a flea, and I've only seen him do that a few times. He likes to carry his toys around and shake them madly in front of the cats, but otherwise does not abuse them at all.

I almost think he doesn't like a wet toy. He'll only fetch the same one 3-4 times and as soon as it starts feeling even a bit moist he goes and gets a different one. Now I don't KNOW if that's why, maybe he just likes variety.... :D

17. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Ok..
    how is he eating his regular kibble?
    Does he nibble that too or doesn he munch it right up?

18. BUC

BUC Administrator

No, he munches that right up! It's definitely not a tooth problem that keeps him from chewing...well judging by his teeth that got a good once/twice over and how he happily chomps his food. I think *gasp* he is just a good poochie who doesn't chew...OR he was beat half to death in a prior life for chewing, LOL.

19. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

in that case, welcome to my world!

Wait till you get to sleep with Chester sharing your pillow!
    He's got some nasty ass stanky breath! ;D

Seriously, if he's got good teeth, then maybe the breath mints is the way to go?
    A high quality dog food will / can help somethings (not sure waht you feed) and if he won't chew a greenie, they make greenie flakes you can sprinkle on his food.