Do you think about horse cues when driving your car?

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by lori, Feb 4, 2009.

1. lori

lori New Member

I noticed the other day when I was trying to fit my behemoth vehicle into a tight space--I really needed my truck to bend it's ribcage to get into a space, and I noticed myself positioning myself like I do trying to emphasize the bend around the barrel when doing slow work. I also have the visual of batting when I need to hurry up and accelerate to merge, etc.

Am I the only crazy one?

2. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Oh wait - must clarify my reply:
    Yes! :nana:

3. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Haven't done that, but have often wished that I could maneuver Jack as well as I can my van. ;D

4. BUC

BUC Administrator

<writes sticky note to self...don't ride with Lori. If forced to, bring video camera...>

5. MidnightHill

MidnightHill New Member

I do it all the time!!! ;D

6. monizzle

monizzle New Member

I do the same and count stride lengths between telephone poles. The worst is when I'm walking I try and control my stride between cracks, I'm sure I look like a complete jackass.

7. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

Guess I hafta join the "Loopy as Lori" club :p.... I tend to try to "bend" the truck, too. I also periodically catch myself "cueing" turns with my heels...

8. desederada

desederada New Member

I tighten my abs when I halt (STOP) and when I pass a car I always imagine that I'm passing horses. :laugh:

9. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

I don't do it anymore -- but back when I was riding 6+ horses a day I used to find myself "half halting" my car at gear shifts and stop signs.

so I guess this means "yes, you are crazy Lori" and "no, you are not alone" -- welcome to the club sista *!*!*!*

10. paige

paige New Member

I dont do that, but when I am in a crowd, I have to stop myself from poking people in the sides if they are in my way, and I always click to the dogs to make them move.

that is a little weird

11. PT

PT New Member

I sometimes catch myself clucking at my car... ;D

12. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

I catch myself doing it with my kids such as telling them to whoa , stand ect after awhile they look at me like WTF.

13. lori

lori New Member

You have seen my driving. I can guarantee you I would not have bashed a horse's shoulder in to the side of that hay wagon! I would have sidepassed my horse up right next to it and it would have been perfect!

I also poke Darren to get out of my way starting with the lightest pressure and escalating... of course, I guess I don't get mad at horse and haul off and punch them like I do him.....

just kidding!

14. Shadow

Shadow New Member

I am curious...Lori, where the hell do you come up with all these off the wall questions...do you have a manual or do these thoughts just pop into your head like bubbles? Just curious, cause you really do come up with some doozies... ;D VERY entertaining I might add.......

15. Horsemommy47

Horsemommy47 New Member

I do something different...

I listen to music and think if that would work to do a musical freestyle ride to someday.

Canter here, walk here, extended trot here...

Lori's sounds fun too..lol

16. Angellou

Angellou Senior Member

I have been known to "cluck" at my kids when they were learning to drive.

17. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

ME TOO!
    I'm always "posting" to a good beat of music and doing "lateral work" in my head. One tempi changes etc. complete dressage tests while listening to my favorite songs LOL

18. twinkle

twinkle New Member

When I am turning corners I find myself thinking "do not cut the corners". :D

19. lori

lori New Member

I look at it as part of my responsibilities as mod... to own up to some of the crazy things we all wonder about and make the rest of you talk about it too!

20. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

I click and cluck to everything, people, dogs, horses, chickens . . .funny thing is they all know what it means.

I also "ride" along when listening to music. Depending on the song, depends on the best dicipline suited to it.