Do you think she'll lose on this one

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by desederada, Jan 16, 2009.

1. desederada

desederada New Member

2. MidnightHill

MidnightHill New Member

I am glad she said that her and her husband are prepared to keep it and race it. I can't imagine it hitting big on the track.....Devil His Due is a decent sire - but not a miracle worker :D Patchen Beauty was a decent racemare but probably earned more fame from her color rather than her talent. It will be interesting to see what he brings as a 2 year old because I doubt they get more than $60,000 at OBS in August (possible but not likely.)

3. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

That was an interesting price for a colt whose siblings have earned less than $30,000 - combined :eek:. Is it just me, or is it just the picture, but on the Keeneland homepage the little sucker looks really over at the knee and splay-footed....

Not to self : Do not invest with that pinhooker!

4. TwistedWire

TwistedWire Guest

Ahem...and *where* is this located?

5. photofinish

Keeneland January Mixed Sale. Today. Looks like the colt is FL bound and will go through the OBS Yearling Sale.....Then the OBS 2 yr Old Sale....Then they will race him.....lol

6. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

7. TwistedWire

TwistedWire Guest

Yeah. Those legs will hold up racing. ::)

And weren't we just talking about all the loons going to FL? ;) :-D

8. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Oh no, what will happen is that little frakker will end up covering sport horses, for the palomino/colored sporthorse market eventually::)

*exactly -- read farther down on the first clipping; they're thinking color market -- and the bad part is they could make out decently even if this colt's an absolute dog :p

9. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

10. desederada

desederada New Member

So what color is he perlino or cremelo?

11. photofinish

Apparently he is "white"...

12. desederada

desederada New Member

I thought there was no such thing as white in horses.

13. desederada

desederada New Member

14. photofinish

15. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

16. desederada

desederada New Member

But is she only listed as white because the Jockey club calls them all white? I thought Jockey Club didn't recognize Perlino and Cremello. Where are our color experts? :)

17. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

JC is now reconizing the cremello's and perlino's thanks to True Color farms the first Smokey black is also now reconized... http://www.truecoloursfarm.com/ from talking with her on HGS it is myunderstanding(and I could be wrong) that the JC is now reconizing the double dilutes and dilutes..

the white is not "really" the color there is a base color there somewhere... and there doesn't HAVE to be a white parent to get it ... it is a max. expressed sabino which is what gives some TB's the high white legs and the belly white and the bald face...

18. photofinish

Hmmm. We have a NM TB stallion who seems to be putting a handful of buckskin babies on the ground each year (1st ones just turned 3), but they are still registered as "bays". I wouldn't much care if they allow "white", "palomino", or "buckskin", but I hope to heck they don't go nuts with all the perlino, sabino, cremello...etc... That's fine for show folks to discourse on at great lengths, but it doesn't matter one lick for how fast they run and we've gotten by for over 200 years with gray/roan, chestnut, bay, dk bay/brown, and black. I don't think we need to muck up the waters too much ;)

19. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

But why would you want to register a cremello as white?? why don't you want to register them as what they really are??