Euthanasia Drugs

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by Brilliance, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

Whats the cocktail??? Just curious dont have any needing it.

2. susiebk

susiebk New Member

are you talking animal or people euthanasia? Its illegal in all states except Oregon I think......

3. BUC

BUC Administrator

4. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

As far as people go my lawyer advises me not to comment. :th_flipoff:

5. Imzadi

Imzadi New Member

While on such a horrible subject, does anyone have the names and number for renderer in the Maple Park/Dekalb area? NOT needing one now, just wanted to be prepared.
    Thanks!

6. Shadimac

Shadimac New Member

In regards to Imzadi's post: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

7. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

KFK Livestock Removal
    Amy Kuipers
    PO Box 330
    Maple Park, IL 60151

(815)748-2500
    (630) 878-4253 (this is the one I use----Cell)

Hopefully you will never need it

She also does transport
    Super nice gal and very prompt~

8. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I have heard NOTHING but nice stuff about Amy. She is kind and thoughtful! Good Luck!

9. mrlugar

mrlugar New Member

Is she from the same Kuiper family as the apple orchard / pumpkin farm Kuiper's?

10. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Oh, I forgot to add:

Brilliance, you are scary............. :nana:

11. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I'm not sure, they all live in the same area so I am assuming she is related???????

12. Imzadi

Imzadi New Member

Amy Kuipers is who I used when my guy had to be put down....am looking for additional names/numbers pls.

13. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I believe Amy is the one and only renderer in this area.

That is not a profession where you find multiple names and numbers--

You can call National or try to haul to rendering plant down by Springfield or out to Iowa.

If you find another name/number please let me know~~~ I keep a listing of all kinds of numbers, just in case

May I ask why you wouldn't use her again??? IM me if you would

14. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

Ok Ok there is a real reason I am asking . . .

My roan mare had a back injury as a 4 yo. I spend 4+ years trying to rehab her and finally decided it was best for both of us to just let her be a pasture pet. On the condition that she could live comfortably with out undue pain. She has done well with this for a few years. Occasionally getting a little more sore and then getting better, normally this is when the horses are more "active" IE Spring/good weather bursts. She will hold up a back leg when it cramps up and then attempt to stretch it out. My deal with her has always been that I wont have her living in constant pain and when the time comes I would do the right thing and put her down. I am not sure if she did something silly or it is just time but things with her "back end" are getting worse. So I am just trying to be prepared for what may be coming.

15. BUC

BUC Administrator

:( Sorry you may have to face this.

Most of the time it goes very smoothly, sometimes it does not so you'll want to prepare for the worst. It's normally very quick and they do drop very quickly. Your vets will hold her head so it doesn't hit the ground with force (or at least make sure they do it this way), it's a lot more pleasant for you.

What I mean by the worst isn't like they will gasp for minutes after or anything...there is just no grace when they go down and sometimes it can be with so much force something creepy will happen. Once they go down it's normally a matter of seconds before the breathing completely subsides.

I've always wanted to be there when I had one put down, but a lot of people just can't handle it. They want the last memory to be a happy one. Don't feel bad for one second if you can't bring yourself to being there and don't let anyone else make you feel bad over it either.

16. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

Ohhh no this is something that I am committed to and have know would come for some time. Rubydoo and I have had a strong connection since I got her from the abusive prick that had her before me. After I had my stroke I got on and rode her before I could even walk with out help. Was alot of work for some very short rides but she took care of my dizzy ass. So I have always had this time in the back of my mind and knowing when the exact right time is an impossibility but I just want to do as right by her as she always has by me. Hopefully this is something just passing or has to do with the cold. She is always one that has thrived in the cold weather so I hope I am not fooling myself into thinking that it will pass as the weather does.

NO taking my picture!!!
    [​IMG]

I'zzz got booooty
    [​IMG]

Hurt who says I am hurt????
    [​IMG]

17. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

They are incredible aren't they, my old guy who is 32 with very badly dropped pasterns gimps in every once in awhile and I think its time but then the next day he is in the pasture running and kicking up his heels.

Its a very hard decision to make. I know this is wierd but she will tell you when its time~