Everything Is Going To SHIT

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by BUC, Jan 16, 2009.

1. BUC

BUC Administrator

Yesterday i started my shower....hot water all the way on, no cold water. I wasn't sure what the deal was at time. So I hop in only to be stuck with cold water like 2 minutes later. Let me say with the cold temps and cold shower that was NOT fun.

Turns out the hot water heater went out. Had the BF bring home a new thermocouple, nope....no hot water here today!

Then I get ready to go to a luncheon and my truck is dead.

Our furnace isn't cycling right.

Our septic is giving us shit (or not taking the shit well, however you want to look at it).

Wonder what's next.......if things run in 3's, were up to 4 which means maybe I got stuck with to cycles of 3's? 2 more fuck ups to go?

:th_holysheep:

2. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

:th_holysheep:

Are your crapper's lines freezing?

I've heard about a lot of people's furnaces giving them a hard time............

I hope your other "2" are not as bad as the rest were! :eek:

3. Buffy

Buffy New Member

I feel your pain. Won't go into MY troubles I'm having right now but I'm hoping things turn around as the weather improves.

4. Angien

Angien New Member

Oh boy.
    It seems like everyone is have some type of weather releated issue(s).
    What are you setting your furnace on?

5. BUC

BUC Administrator

Our septic has been acting up for some time. It needs pumped out. But nooooooo...the BF goes to the trouble of digging it up and moving the shit around and chopping tree roots but not calling for a pumping. I think we did the digging 2x this last year. But now that it's happening when it's 0 out he acts like it's a big F'ing surprise. It's an OLD septic and the last owners of the house had it pumped out about every 2 years. For a mere $100 the last time we dug I wouldn't have to worry about having to go outside and shit in the snow! (no, it's not to that point yet, but that will be my luck).

And maybe I just have 1 more to go. I've been sick for about 2 weeks now...like not out of PJ sick, but I woke up this morning feeling a lot worse :mad: I rarely get headaches and today I swear there is someone stabbing me in the head with a knife.

Furnace is on 64. It's ok in here....the damn thing is just cycling crazy like a "LOOK OUT! I'm getting ready to fuck you!"

6. Angien

Angien New Member

Do you have a space heatter to help it out?
    Just keep your furnace on 64 but get the heatter in the room you use the most.

As for the septic, try a few boxes of ridx maybe? Flush it down before bed so it has a few hours to "eat" up what is making its tummy upset. :laugh:

7. BUC

BUC Administrator

No, no space heaters but I'm warm. I normally keep the house at 60 during the day while the BF is gone anyway, then turn it up a bit before he comes home.

It's not ridx but stuff from the septic place (same concept) and I've been flushing those little bacteria bastards like mad ;D

8. desederada

desederada New Member

Dang 60 degrees I would be freaking froze :eek: Reminder to self: When going to visit BUC bring clean snowmobile suit for wearing in the house. :D

9. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

My BFF's Bf is a Heating and AC guy... he tells customers to turn their furnace off for 5 minutes a lot, like a reboot on a PC. Also put in a clean filter and pray. He put some fancy ion filter for allergies and talking thermostat in our house. I keep it at 62 degrees during the day too, I'm surprised it doesn't say "fuck you, it's cold in here" to me.

10. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

I keep the thermostat at 61 during the day. With residual heat (hot water heat) it gets to about 63. I do freeze a little but I think I'm getting used to it.

Buc - come spend a few days with me. Give the bacteria time to do it's job. I have plenty of hot water!!

11. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

You can come and hang with me too -- and you get free excercise too (babies, babies who like to be picked up and put down).

Or I could loan you a dog or two for a while.

12. Buffy

Buffy New Member

My doggie is the BEST foot warmer EEEEEEEEEEEEVER! :-*

13. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

No, one more crapper to go. You forgot when our forum went down. ;) Feel better? ;)

14. Tbitt

We put in a new furnace about 5-7 yrs ago..........When this one comes to "it's time" I'm definitely calling above people to replace ours.

We used to have a oil burning, hot water, radiated heat in this house - put in a new fandangled furnace, duct work and even installed a AC unit!!! Can you believe we jumped about 80years with one upgrade............ :eek: :-[ I about wet myself with excitement.

But I do miss the warm radiators to sit my gloves and boots on................ :'(

15. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I'm not saying a word about disasters----not going to jinx myself.

We are putting a new furnace in this year, ours is going on 20 yrs old, gas forced air---

I want new energy efficient furnace, something to save more propane
    Need to find someone to do the work and add some duct work~

Temp is kept at 62 during the day and 59 at night. We have only used about 300 gal. propane so far this year---450 left

We pump out the septic every 5 yrs even though the guy told me its huge, don't worry about it. yeah right, cheaper then new one. On monthly schedule of treatment---- One old timer told me one time to drop a dead chicken in the opening! yuck

Good luck hope things improve~

16. susiebk

susiebk New Member

We have our septic pumped out every other year....its $100 or so....well worth it!

17. Tbitt

Seriously, I don't have the contact number - put PM Horsefreak for the number of her BFF's BF's #.

I have heard nothing but GREAT things about them!!!

Horsefreak!!!! Woo Hooo................contact info needed.

If I find it soon, I will PM it to you!

18. Jen

Jen New Member

Keep your chin up girl!

19. BUC

BUC Administrator

YAY! We have hot water! Woot!

Gas valve, TG, no new hot water heater yet :)

20. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

YAY! Congrats! Amazing how things we normally take for granted can SO cheer us up when we lose them for a day or 2 :D, ain't it?