F'in snow~

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by horsefreak, Jan 10, 2009.

1. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

My Army son has a 4 hour layover today at O'hare...so we're all going up to meet him and take him for lunch. So here I sit tracking flights to see if his flight even arrives, looks like 50 minute delays right now...[size=10pt]arg!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

2. Shannon

Shannon New Member

I really can't believe what a miserable winter this has been.

Its still snowing like crazy here in Frankfort at 11am. Now by wednesday its suppose to be bitter cold for DAYS, which means the snow is going nowhere and will just be blowing all over. This is miserable.

3. Angellou

Angellou Senior Member

Yep, I just finished blowing out the driveway and now it's a blizzard again! :slapfight:

4. NutsEmom

NutsEmom New Member

We looked outside at about 4pm and realized the snow had stopped as well as the wind. Hubby wanted to know if he should bother clearing the drive. I said no since it was going to be dark in no time. Had I known how bright the moon was going to be, maybe I would have let him!!

HF, did you get to meet with your son??

5. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Horsefreak,

Were you able to visit with him?

How was it?

6. snaffle

snaffle Guest

I thought of you Horsefreak on my way home from Ladd last night.
    (Yum... Ripps chicken!!)

Heard on the radio that 12 inches of snow fell in Ohara yesterday.

Were you able to spend time with your son?

7. Shell

Shell New Member

What's with people calling O'Hare...O'Hara? My daughter's do the samething. And I correct them, so it's not just you Snaffle :D

8. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

No, everything said the flights were running late so we did not leave early, then his flight was on time. Of course we were on the horrible toll way stuck in 20 mph traffic, then he got off his plan and his other flight had been moved up, so we had to abort our mission. He's heading back though this way on Friday so maybe we can catch him then. :'(

9. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

OMG! That place is still around? I remember going there with my dates when I was a teenager about 30 years ago. There would be a long line of people waiting to get a table. Ah....the grease....

Poor Horsefreak didn't get to see her son. Better luck next time.