Foaling out kits

Discussion in 'The Foaling Stall' started by Brilliance, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

I am starting to put mine together again, since now I am expecting. Was thinking that this could be a good reference for everyone. I will add my personal stuff in a bit.

2. sunset003

sunset003 New Member

Great, I will be waiting to see what you will have in your kit.

3. Margot7

Margot7 New Member

I kid you not, I must be tired but I thought this had something to do with foxes, and I didn't understand why you were saying foaling out....I'm going to bed now :th_sleeping-smiley-015:. Being stuck in the house is making me a bit crazy...UGH!!!!! Tomorrow is a new day.

4. Brilliance

Brilliance New Member

I have been searching for my listing . . .will post it when I find it. farkin computers

5. paige

paige New Member

I dont really keep a lot of stuff for it--just fleet baby enemas, that blue disinfectant stuff, baling twine, towels if I think of it, ivermectin, mineral oil, banamine, stuff like that

And I can guarantee you that somehow I will be surprised when the first one gets born, and not have the damn enemas. And none of it will be any more together than anything else I do.

Somehow they moistly live through it though

6. lori

lori New Member

Lambs nipple and 1 liter bottle (i.e. used Mtn Dew bottle), towels, old sweatshirt (baby blanket in a pinch), Blessed are the Foals/Broodmares, stopwatch, Iodine in a baby food jar. That's off the top of my head, it's been 2 years since I've had to worry about it.

Regular first aid kid contents, including thermometer, needles/syringes, and the usual drugs.

7. glf01

glf01 New Member

The only items I used were Bale twine, roll of vetrap or coflex for her tail, towels for drying, elbow length gloves, 1 % iodine for the stump I used to put it in a squeeze bottle because trying to use a dipping cup was a waste. Your cell phone makes a good clock to keep track of time. Have a pair of sissors handy, enema if needed