Frickin Squirrels!

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by BUC, Feb 1, 2009.

1. BUC

BUC Administrator

At any given moment there are 6-20 squirrels under the bird feeder. At least their eating well? They are right outside the kitchen window and could be knocked off fairly easily but I hate cleaning the damn things....LOVE to eat them, just hate to clean. Squirrel, may be whats for dinner...

[​IMG]

2. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

Awwwwwwww...they're cuuuute! ;)

3. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

I think you need to tame one and keep it as a pet! >:D :nana: ;D

4. BUC

BUC Administrator

I used to have a pet squirrel when I was a kid. His name was Skippy. He actually made a wonderful pet! I can't remember what he did to get evicted from the family.

A few years ago I hand raised 3 that had fallen from their nest. Rotten little buggers :) But they made it to set free age and hung around for a while.

5. Pixin

Pixin New Member

Awwww, rats with bushy tails! ;D They are so cute. I have only seen ONE Squirrel by my house in the twelve years I have lived here. :(

6. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

LOL you should see the size of the squirrels up here.. they are the size of mice... for real... LOL not much meat on em.. thats for damn sure...

but, they think they are the size of great danes!!! LOL

7. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

LOL, sounds like Florida squirrels! They are the nappiest, scrawniest, Ethiopian looking critters I've ever seen.

8. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

Fried squirrel(in cast iron skillet only) mash taters and homemade gibblet gravey with corn and salad. Yummmmmmmy says the hubby.

9. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

10. BUC

BUC Administrator

Tastes kinda like Rabbit, which kinda tastes like chicken, LOL.

I like fried squirrel with biscuits and gravy :)

11. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

You leave their bushy tails alone! :D;)

12. BUC

BUC Administrator

I should probably trap them and haul them to Pix's house. I'm so sad she doesn't have any :-*

I don't know how we end up with so many here. They get hit on the highway ALL the time. Until I started floating wood in the water troughs I'd find anywhere from 1-3 drowned in there almost every day. They are such a pain in the ass.

13. Buffy

Buffy New Member

My gag reflex is working overtime ladies... :th_puke:

14. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Mr. J's roomate used to bag them over on campus with a slingshot (you can guess what the veggie brigade thought of that when they saw it) and then bring them back to the apartment and make chili. I never tried it -- not into fuzzy tailed tree rat cuisine -- Mr. J is always trying to get me to try it.

We used to have some white tailed ones that were pretty cool, but they harassed our dogs and were stupid enough to stand their ground. Now we just have the plain ones; unfortunately they aren't stupid, and they carry a grudge over the loss of their exotic brothers and sisters. Yes, they are a PITA, and they eat all of our bird seed -- frakkers.

15. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Ok, I'm all for trying new things, But I'm not sure BUC should be allowed to make any food for the trail ride! :laugh:

16. desederada

desederada New Member

Not all of them though! Last year we had one that was gigantic like the size of a cat :eek: Our dog and cats make sure we have no squirrels in the yard.

17. DENNIS

DENNIS Member

hey buc, drop them at my place, my brother has trapped and sent me about a dozen but only have three left. it must be a tough life for them out here and i keep food out all the time.