Fun in the Sun at WEF

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by AssHat, Feb 27, 2009.

1. AssHat

AssHat New Member

I was putting videos up for clients so thought I would share.

This is Shingo and Mimi doing their first Large Green Pony Division last weekend at WEF week 7. They were Champion and brought home a lovely cooler! These were their 2 trips Sunday morning. This week they will step up to the 3' Large Hunter Ponies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tkpvgssrI4

This is Hadji and Mimi schooling and showing in the Taylor Harris National Children's Medal. Yeap, he's 17 hands of a man and she is all of 11. He actually is a High A/O Jumper and did some Level 6 stuff. But he loves his fake tail and getting all James Bond! This was a good trip but she could have left one out jumping into the final 2 stride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-fnJR1an1o

This last video I found on you tube. This fall we went to Capitol Challenge in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. They ran every class live on the net and some pony lover video taped them off of her 'puter and posted the trips. SO this is Mimi and her small pony Monroe during the WCHR Classic...they were 4th. Meehan and Dot ended up winning the country in the small green ponies, and were USEF Horse of the Year over-all Grand Green Pony Hunter Champion 2008. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQqG5qzjUPg&feature=channel_page

2. desederada

desederada New Member

They make it look so easy ;) Would Mimi ever be asked to mount and dismount on Hadji?

3. AssHat

AssHat New Member

I know right? Hee Hee!

No....Thank Gawd! I'm not sure even I could scramble up that mountain from the ground! ;D

4. desederada

desederada New Member

My horse is 2 inches shorter than that and I COULD mount him from the ground if I had to but then I wouldn't be able to walk for a week. :laugh:

5. PT

PT New Member

Oh, to have that kind of money...

6. AssHat

AssHat New Member

What kind of money? The market is for shit....and these are sale horses. My kid gets to show them while they are with us but everything has a price...especially in this economy. Plus, the bonus is, we live here. WEF is our backyard show!

7. PT

PT New Member

I was talking in general for anyone on the circuit that has access to horses like that. It wasn't aimed specifically at you nor to be a bitchy comment. When I was showing little NIHJA shows in my back yard 10 years ago it would be around $500-$600 a weekend. Has it gone down that much?

Didn't think my comment was anything to take offense to, but then again I should know better and put a happy little smiley at the end of all my non-serious comments.

Mimi is a beautiful rider, I'm assuming she's your kid...?

8. AssHat

AssHat New Member

No worries! Didn't take it bitchy at all. I was being snarky in that what a difference a few months make in terms of the market. Back in September you could really pretty much name your price...but since the market crashed and alot of these rich folks either lost it in the market or got had by the likes of Madoff the money is not flowing like it had in years past.

Showing is expensive. Doesn't matter if its a local un-rated or WEF. I have picked and chosen certain weekends and animals and am not showing 7 a weekend like I did last year. This is just not the economy for it. I am just trying to get everything qualified and then sort of just let it ride.

And yes, Miss Mimi is my daughter. An amazingly hard working and focused child for such a young age. She is blessed to ride with Tim & Kelly Goguen and Frank Madden.

9. desederada

desederada New Member

Are you coming to HITS? Their numbers seem to be down this year too.

10. kats

kats New Member

The girls are looking great with their horses. Glad to see you checked in so we know your alive.

11. PT

PT New Member

You've got one very lucky little girl. I would've KILLED to have an any of the opportunities she has!!

12. AssHat

AssHat New Member