Galena and my anniversary

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by asuits, Jan 13, 2009.

1. asuits

asuits New Member

So Sunday was my 6 yr. anniversary. I had wanted Eric and I to go away for the weekend, just the 2 of us. That didn't happen, instead we went on a retreat with Eric's company for the DSM's in his region. There were 13 of us all together, I was one of 3 spouses who showed up.

Anyway, I had never been to Galena before. It snowed every day we were up there and we got at least a foot on snow. I have to say I fell in love with Galena in the 3 days we were there. Absolutely gorgeous! I told Eric if we can ever afford to have a little weekend/summer cottage that that's where I want to move to.

Anyway, we stayed at a Villa Resort and Spa and I treated myself to a massage, a pedicure and got my brows shaped while I was there. Talk about heaven...I had 5 hours of uninterrupted me time for probably the first time in 6 years. After my spa treatment I stopped at the little general store in the resort area and picked up a bottle of wine and some crackers and cheese. I then went back to our villa and had a glass of wine, some crackers and cheese, read a book for a little while and then took a nap. I was in total heaven.

Now someone remind me - why did I get married and have kids???

2. darkhorse

darkhorse New Member

Was it Eagle Ridge? That's where we stayed a couple weeks ago in one of the 2 bedroom villas. I've been to Galena lots but that was my first time at the resort. The villas are reasonably priced for purchase if you ever consider it. Low $100,000's.
    Anyhow, we love it there. Good food, good wine, and my favorite store, Chocolat, is there.

3. darkhorse

darkhorse New Member

Oh, yeah - happy anniversary!!

4. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Happy Anniversary!
    So you highly recommend the place? I'm looking for a place (not too far) for a couple days get-away for mine and hubby's one year anniversary. Hmmmmmm...

5. asuits

asuits New Member

It was Eagle Ridge and I highly recommend it. My only complaint is that there was something wrong with our fireplace and that the other guys from the company (Eric's boss being the lead - they were frat brothers) sprocked our villa.

As a group we had a 5 bedroom house, a 4 bedroom house and a 1 bedroom villa. They got us the 1 bedroom villa as an anniversary present.

It's nice that these units have kitchens in them so that if you don't want to go out and about you can stay in and cook or at least have snacks and drinks in the unit.

Here's their website...http://www.eagleridgeresortonline.com/

6. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

So that you could appreciate your "me" time, of course!

Happy anniversary and it sounds like a great weekend!

7. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

We got married in Galena for just this reason, it's so awesome. We stayed at some time share things right outside the gates of Eagle Ridge and they own some suites there too, I can say it's heaven anyplace in that area. If my husband had a romantic bone in hi body he would take me back for our anniversary...but he's a dud.

8. asuits

asuits New Member

You want to know what I got for my anniversary??? NOTHING! - well that's not true, I got a Happy anniversary and wanna do it?

9. susiebk

susiebk New Member

I used to live in Elizabeth on a 200-acre farm for about 3 years.....absolutely LOVED it....but I hated my job at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque, Iowa......wish I could move back there some day....

10. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

I went on my honeymoon to Eagle Ridge, loved it! I've always loved Galena, we went there when I was a kid a lot and when I was married we went a couple times. It's beautiful!

Happy Anniversary!

11. Angellou

Angellou Senior Member

Our lake house is near Galena and it will be on the market in the spring if anyone is interested.

12. cherokee

cherokee New Member

I worked for the galena territories at Shenandoah riding center before they leased it out.
    Right down the hill from eagle ridge. come in gate make your very first right follow it down the
    hill take a left takes you to the riding center. there used to be a riding package you
    got a room or villa and for a special price could take a one hour trail ride.
    I think they might still be doing that as last I knew the people that leased it kept
    the trail string.

13. asuits

asuits New Member

I thought about doing the trail ride but hmmm, trail ride, massage...trail ride...massage...trail ride...massage...trail ride when its 8 out....massage...MASSAGE WON!

And, Angellou - how big is your lake house and how much will you be asking?

14. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

And WHY has this lake house NOT been offered up for a MWH Get together?!?!?!? Hummmmmmm?

15. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

Hahaha...leave it to you to ask. :D Maybe she wants it in one piece, when she sells it. ;)

16. Angellou

Angellou Senior Member

Lakehouse is approx 1500 sq feet and has 3 bedrooms 3 baths. Not sure on the asking price yet but I would guess around 150,000