Gas prices

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Tbitt, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

Has anyone else felt the relief from the fall in gas prices?

I sure have!

When gas was up to $4/ gallon I scrimped and saved to be able to afford just to go to work every day! I cut out a lot of extra fun stuff because gas was killing me.

Even though the "market" is still bad, I'm not as concerned about the day to day outcome as I did when the prices were that high.

I actually feel a bit if a relief.

Anyone else?

2. Buffy

Buffy New Member

I am absolutely LOVING that diesel is down to almost $2 / gallon. I'm paying about the same for fuel now as I was when I had my Eclipse and had to use premium. This is GREAT!!! ;D

3. Angien

Angien New Member

Oh I am indeed!
    I have a V8 truck and now EVERY time I fill up I can put in Premium!
    My truck is much happier!

4. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Oh for sure!
    I drive 80 miles round trip daily for work.
    It's such a relief not to have to worry about the cost of filling up my tank these last few months.
    I just hope it lasts.

5. Tbitt

WOW! That is further than me!!!

The thing that gets me is, all of a sudden I have been hearing talk of raising the gas tax. And by quite a bit!

Why do they want to go and do that to us? This is the ONLY relief we've seen. And here they want to take that away! It is just unnerving!!!!

I think if they want to keep us safe for a few more months - they need to back off of that silly talk!

6. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

I am loving it since we sold our SUV and haven't really had a chance to replace it yet we are going car shopping soon. So Hubby has been driving our 1 ton which has a 454 engine and sucks gas and he drives an hour and 10 min one way so I am so enjoying it.

7. cherokee

cherokee New Member

I am loving it what I am saving now is going into my MO fund for October. and part of it
    is going for xtra can goods and such at the grocery store.

8. Tbitt

Exactly Cherokee!

With our little cobolt that is about a $22 - $25 / fill up savings!

The Bonniville - about a $40-50 savings per fill up savings! (Bonniville takes premium no matter what)

And MUCH MUCH more for the truck!

We have 2 vehicles driving to work EVERY day! We are now honestly saving anywhere between $125 - $150 / week in gas cost!

For us - that is our house payment a month!

9. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Yesterday when I was headed home, I passed walmart and gas was 1.79. Went by this morning, and it's jumped up to 1.95. What's up with that? Good thing I stopped and topped it off yesterday.

10. ihave3

ihave3 New Member

I have noticed that to whenever the gas stations around here jump it is about a 20 cent jump ridiculous.

11. Roherynn

Roherynn New Member

Gas went up in the stock market yesterday. Not sure how it is today....I should look. :th_afrique:

12. Tbitt

Oh - and lets not get me going on the market.

The price per barrel can drop and we will not see the effects for DAYS..................but as soon as the price increases by the slightest amount - BAM the pumps go up at least $.20!

Come the heck on!!!! Give us a freaking break! Will ya? Leave my gas prices alone! :mad:

13. Buffy

Buffy New Member

PREACH it, sista!!!

14. Roherynn

Roherynn New Member

That's what I hate too, Tbitt.