Gettin the mail at -15

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by AKPonygirl, Feb 5, 2009.

1. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

LOL This is what I have to do to get the mail up here.... I have on 3 layers of everything! That thing on my face is called a "duck bill" it is what they gave the hubby to wear when he is working outside up north... works great!! no ice lung or frozen buggers for me!!! Oh.. LOL and I have my cell phone microphone clipped to the end of the duck bill and I am chatting with my mom while I walk to and from the mail box (about 30 to 40 min walk)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hood7374 (also the little world icon below my avatar)

2. snaffle

snaffle Guest

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

3. desederada

desederada New Member

Hopefully you never fall because it doesn't look like you would be able to get back up ;D Aren't you afraid a grizzly bear will eat you while walking to get the mail? :eek: Where's your snow machine?

4. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

LOL that is what my mom said!! she was afraid that if I fell down I would never be able to get back up.. but this is why I take my cell phone with me :) LOL imagine that phone cal.. LMAO!!!

I did have a sled.. but you had to start it with a rope pull.. and with my shoulder and back issues.. I couldn't ever get it started... and the dogs are too much of wussies to be my sled dogs LOL

I do have to occasionally stop and look around to make sure I am not being stalked by a moose or some other mean ass critter... :eek:

5. desederada

desederada New Member

When I was a kid and had to go out in a blizzard to do horse chores I would wear a snowmobile helmet with a full windshield because my glasses would always fog up and freeze if I didn't.

6. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

AK--- I know I sound like I'm crazy but I would love to be living your life. It sounds so beautiful and serene up there.

My mother and husband make me take my cell just to do chores-- it is alot safer when you're alone

7. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

LMAO!!!! that is a pretty good idea really... :D

8. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

We absolutely love it up here.. There is only one or two things that I would rather not have to deal with. But I will totally put up with them, considering my alternatives..

9. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

Geez AK, I'd only be getting the mail once a week with all those clothes to put on. :D

10. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

LOL Mass, I do this routine every day at 2:30 :D :D

11. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Please post some pics---- must be nice. I love your avatar

12. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

there are several pages of Alaska pics on my flicker page. ;D I would take more pics.. but since I have dial up at the moment... uploading pics takes all day long... when spring gets here and they can dig the ground again.. I will have cable internet and will be able to start posting pics more often :)