Good pizza near Pheasant Run Resort

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Morganfan608, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Morganfan608

Morganfan608 New Member

I'm going to watch my nieces' fesh (sp?; it's Irish dancing) @ Pheasant Run tomorrow afternoon. I'd like to take her out for pizza afterwards. Any highly recommended pizza joints within 10 min. north or west of Pheasant Run Resort?

2. paige

paige New Member

This has nothing to do with Pizza, but when I was about 8--my parents took me and my sister up there--another couple went with us and brought their children.

It was the first time I ever saw racism in action and recognized it. When we checked in, my mom and the other lady went to the desk, and they addressed my mother, and ignored the other woman. The reservations were in the other woman's name. Mom told them that, and they went thru several episodes of them completely refusing to address the other woman--who was standing there in a full length mink and dripping in diamonds, and mom was likely wearing seats or jeans. No matter what we did, they would not look at her directly or deal with her. This woman was also a retired model so she was used to having people stare at her wherever she went---the way they acted was just weird. Several weird things happened that made it so clear that the reason she was treated that way was that she was not white.

It was awful

But they had that cool pool that was indoor/outdoor--we loved that

3. lori

lori New Member

We have a conference there every year--have you looked at the resort? They have 2-3 restaurants in there. I can remember on the way in there was a Panera.. a few other usual things like that. I made a note of the restaurants, and then we never left the conference center for 4-5 nights--found plenty of entertainment w/out leaving the building. Heh.

4. Morganfan608

Morganfan608 New Member

I'm originally from Wheaton and Pheasant Run always had this snooty reputation.....why I don't know because compared to other hotels, it was pretty much an outdated shit hole. Yeah, they did/do have a cool pool though. She loves pizza and I'm always game for a good pie myself....especially since Casey's (YUCK!) is about all we have for pizza unless you want to drive a bit. Isn't there a Gino's East or West in the old Tin Cup Pass bldg?

5. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Lou Malnatis Pizzaria in Geneva.
    Geneva Commons
    1048 Commons Drive
    Geneva, IL 60134
    Phone: 630.208.1600
    Fax: 630.208.1616

Take Rt 64 over to Randall Rd, head south and it's jsut past Rt 38. about 6 miles from the resort.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

6. Sarah315

Sarah315 New Member

There's a Giordano's in the shopping center just west of there, near Boarder's and Cost Plus World Market.

7. Morganfan608

Morganfan608 New Member

Yum! 'Choices', thanks guys!.....Loff Lou Malnati's! ;) You guys saved my 'puter from a sacrificial burning.....switchboard, yellow pages & mapquest ggoooo sooo ssslloooww on this thing/dial up :(

8. Pixin

Pixin New Member

Im not sure if Salernos is good anymore but they are in St.Charles on the Fox River.

If you feel like driving to Oakbrook Terrace, Aurillios is really good.

I have also heard that Nicks Pizza on Randall rd. is good. I believe it has an Elgin address.

9. Morganfan608

Morganfan608 New Member

Thanks for all your suggestions guys! Thru an uncontrolled chain of events (my brother wanted her returned by 3...being 'his' weekend and all), we didn't get to see my niece dance. Watched some of the other kids dance (BF had never seen Irish dance) drove to my Mom's and had Barone's in Glen Ellyn....Double YUM! That was one of our fav hangouts growing up, so it was a nice blast from the past for me! Again, thanks ^.^.^ my ISP/'puter makes molasses in Jan. look fast. :mad:

10. Pixin

Pixin New Member

Barones is still open?? Where are they located now?

11. Morganfan608

Morganfan608 New Member

Barone's is on Pennsylvania, west of Main St (Glen Ellyn) on the south side of the street....still awesome pizza & the bread they brought to the table was warm, soft w/crispy crust YUM!