Guess what we did today???

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by alljackedup, Feb 1, 2009.

1. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

OMG......thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you Morganfan. :-* :-* :-* :-* Today was SUCH A BLAST!!!! In more ways than one.

Tbitt, Mr. Tbitt, Sierra, Rexy 78, Morganfan, Randy (morganfans s/o), her son Kyle and I played with our horses today. Everything started out nice and calm, then Rexy broke out his mounted shooting stuff, and....well, to make a long, FUN story short, by the end of the day, Tbitt, morganfan and I all tried mounted shooting. :eek: Cathy tried out her adorable little arab, and he handled it like a prince.

Tbitt finally convinced me to give Jack and try, and he was soooo good. I think I'm hooked. He doesn't move well enough to ever compete with him, but it is something that I would be interested in if he were a little more flexible.

I hope everyone else had as much fun as I did. :D

Pictures coming SOON!!!!!

2. Buffy

Buffy New Member

I wanna SEE!!!

3. BUC

BUC Administrator

:th_worthless:

4. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

tbitt took them all on her camera, and she's downloading them now.

5. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

It was a blast, but I came home and took about 50 aspirin (not really, but I wanted to) . VERY loud in an indoor. I wonder if anyone else's head is pounding?

6. Morganfan608

Morganfan608 New Member

It was a blast AJU! I wanna do it again! Guns, horses, good company, beer and of course 'my friend' Jack...what more could a girl want?!!! I just figured my head hurt so bad 'cause the alcohol was wearing off. ???

7. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Well, the alcohol could be a factor as well. Hadn't thought about that. Sure kept us warm though. ;)

8. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

9. SIERRA

SIERRA New Member

Thanks Morganfan.........I had a blast! Lenny sure is sweet, but has a killer trot..... lol......I think we all had waaaaaaay to much fun!

10. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Aaaawww. Jack handled that gun going off like a CHAMP!! He's such a good boy. :)

11. BUC

BUC Administrator

More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video! More pictures! More video!

12. Cadence

Cadence New Member

Uh yah, that little video snip it, is like a tease!!! What kind of horse is that?

13. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Tammy got a video of morganfan too, but she said it wasn't cooperating. Hopefully, it will be nicer to her today.

That was such a blast. I need a faster horse!!!!!!!

Haha...Jack is a goofy mix. He's Belgian Draft & TWH. He's gaited and drives, but hasn't been taught to neck rein, so it makes shooting and steering incredibly hard. Ask Tammy, she shot off of him too. ;)

I can't say thank you enough to morganfan, for all the fun, and all the great food. :-*

14. Tbitt

Here they loaded!!!!!!

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z244/TBitt/?action=view&current=100_1123.flv

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z244/TBitt/?action=view&current=100_1122.flv

I actually had a BLAST.

At one point I was on Diamond Girl, no stirrups - Rexy's legs are tooooo long...........Morganfan's BF and Rexy thought it would be funny to shoot of the guns (Diamond Girl reacts the most to the shots), I didn't even have a hold of the rains for the first shot! Well..............her and I did just fine!!!!! :nana:

My voice is horse today.............. :eek: ;D

15. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

THAT, looks like a total blast (no pun intended)!
    I wanna try. Course, I've never fired a hand gun before. A rifle once as a kid but that's the extent of my experience.

16. Tbitt

Oh, and I almost forgot - the BEST rider of the day!!!!

The famous, Kyle!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Tbitt

It is fun, but.............Rexy's gun was also to big for me - I looked like goofball stopping Jack so I could cock the gun and not blow by the balloons...........(and Jack was not even going fast). I had to release my finger from the trigger - point the gun into the sky so gravity would push it back to my thumb, level the gun again and then replace my finger on the trigger..............what a dork! :p

So I tell my hubby this - he says "why not use your chin to cock the gun?" .................he is funny, isn't he.......NOT!!!! :th_flipoff:

18. BUC

BUC Administrator

Green with envy here! Looks like you guys had a blast!

19. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Are you hoarse from laughing, yelling or yiping from the gun shots?

The horses were all sooo good. Rex and Randy would just shoot the damn guns, out of nowhere, no warning, no nothin. :nana: It was a very good desensitizing session though. For the horses AND us.

Between the beer and the guns, well, lets just say, next time, we all just need to chip in and get a port-o-potty for Cathy's barn.

20. Blueyz2

Blueyz2 New Member

same here!