Happy and sad...

Discussion in 'The Foaling Stall' started by Joie, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Joie

Joie New Member

Well, my adorable Tommy sold today. He will be heading down to the Ocala, FL area around the first of March. I am sad, because I really love these colts, but happy because it's an AWESOME show home.

I can't believe she actually bought him. I sent her some video from last weekend, and he looks hysterical right now, but when it's right, I guess you know!

So, I have just ONE colt left (Teague, my baby), and I think he'll stay where he is. I don't know what I'd do without ANY babies around!

2. Joie

Joie New Member

Well, Tommy left sooner than expected (Teague is depressed without his buddy). He has been down in Ocala over a week. His new owner posted these on her facebook, so I thought I'd share. He is 9 months old. Look how fuzzy he is!! She is going to have to clip him for sure! I am thrilled to have such a good home for my baby!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Shadow

Shadow New Member

CUTE...9 months old...man he's got some legs...

4. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

MAN he's gotten so TALL! super cute. glad he found a great home.

5. Joie

Joie New Member

Yeah, he already looks bigger to me than when he left less than 2 weeks ago! LOL! And, he just turned 10 months old....how fast time flies! I still think of them as babies.

6. Shadow

Shadow New Member

SO what does his future hold..what is the plan for him ?

7. twistedwire

twistedwire New Member

Very handsome!!! And I agree...TALL!!!

8. Joie

Joie New Member

His new owner has a mare she owns that is currently showjumping. She purchased her as a yearling, and wanted a colt to bring up like she did her mare. The mare is currently with a professional rider. Her goals are to event with him, which is one reason why he was so appealing to her; he has the bloodlines for H/J and eventing AND the quality of gaits for the dressage ring. She intends on keeping him intact to see how he continues to mature as well. I would be THRILLED to have him be considered as a stallion prospect eventually. He certainly has the temperament!

9. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

How exciting. I sure hope they keep in touch with you so you can keep sharing with us ;D

He is so pretty, I'd love ot see him all shed out and shicked up for a show. :foothump:

10. Joie

Joie New Member

I think she will keep in touch. She's already sent me pictures and keeps me updated on facebook, so that is a good start!

It's actually really sad the number of people who have NOT kept in touch. I have some "babies" that were sold on to new owners and I don't know who they are with. It's frustrating. I'm making an effort to get them in touch by offering free portraits of any FLF babies for the next few weeks. I've already had some owners send me updated pictures for their portrait.

11. Joie

Joie New Member

Some "Birthday Boy" pictures of Tommy from yesterday! LOVE the party hat!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Shadow

Shadow New Member

LOL..him's gots some long ears to match them long legs...CUTE pix

13. Adellasun

Adellasun New Member

Wow, he is TALL!

14. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

awwww!!!!!!!
    Look at those ears! and that big fat rump! :-* :laugh:

15. Joie

Joie New Member

I know! He's just gorgeous! He reminds me SO much of his daddy! He had huge ears, too! LOL! He grew into them, though!

16. desederada

desederada New Member

Teague needs to come live with me so he can visit tommy :)

17. Joie

Joie New Member

Make an offer, Des. After this week I am almost ready to be done.

Seriously, I do have him priced pretty cheap, all things considered. I am hoping to (re)sell the chestnut filly though, first.

18. twistedwire

twistedwire New Member

Wish I was shopping, Joie.

19. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Someday... I'll have an FLF baby. ;)

20. Joie

Joie New Member

Tommy with his new Momma Ryan this month. He swept his first show...all blues!!!

[​IMG]