Help our postal carriers !!!

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by snaffle, Feb 5, 2009.

1. snaffle

snaffle Guest

If you have a great postal carrier and want to help him or her..

be sure to mail your letters and packages ...
    from your box after Feb 14 and thru Mar 14.

The count is very important because it helps set the wages of the rural carriers.

Do NOT rubber band letters together because that will count as "1"

Priority packages can be put out, I believe you might have to request the pick up via the usps site.

Parcel post packages weighing over 13 ounces however can not be picked up by a carrier. :p

There has not been a count in several years. Because of emailing, and on line payment of bills, there is less mail which affects the pay of our carriers.

Remember... Feb 14 thru Mar 14.

2. Mischiefsgirl

Mischiefsgirl New Member

I'm not helping my postal carrier out at all. I have found my mortgage payment on my front lawn twice, I have found my mail scattered about my driveway and I'm constantly getting other people's mail because she's too lazy to sort. I got a call this past weekend from one of the neighbors because he had a stack of my mail that she delivered to his house. The last time I found my mortgage payment in the front lawn, I complained to the post office. The mail carrier wrote me an apology letter, but hasn't improved service.

Until I get better service AND they are NICER when I go to the post office - I'm not helping anyone.

3. Horsemommy47

Horsemommy47 New Member

Ditto here, my guy deserves to be canned.

I will take my mail to the barn and send from there as the mail person is awesome and boards at our barn ;D

4. April

April New Member

I have a great mailman. I put letters in the mail box with money and he puts a stamp on them and gives me change in stamps. Gets out of his car and puts large packages in the garage witha note in the mail box it is there. When we were building the house he would stop every now and then to look and see how much we had got done. I will have to send extra so he can get a high count.

5. Mischiefsgirl

Mischiefsgirl New Member

April - don't send extra. Just send his supervisor a letter about what a wonderful job he's doing. That will get him farther. :police:

6. snaffle

snaffle Guest

Correction

*Parcel Post and Priority packages CAN be put into the mail box

*If your package weighs over one pound, they can not be simply put into the mail box. You must go to usps and request carrier pick up. This is a practice to keep our carriers safe. (um... because of lunatics who would like to ship bombs)

7. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

We have stopped using the mail box, we pick up at the post office!
    Missing mail and getting other peoples mail is a daily occurance around here

Items have taken up to 10 days to come from DeKalb!!!!!

My mail lady is great but should slow down and look at what she is putting in the boxes.

8. HorseFarm

HorseFarm New Member

My mail lady is great. She has no problems coming up my driveway and leaving packages on the porch, even with my dogs out running loose. One time I told her I was looking for an important letter, and it would need a signature upon delivery. She seen my truck at one of the farms I work at, and came in there to deliver the letter to me, so I could sign for it and not have to go into town the next day to get it.

9. snaffle

snaffle Guest

We have the best carrier!!

In fact.. I have always had great carriers...
    ( yep I have heard horror stories from people over the years too)

10. Imzadi

Imzadi New Member

Ours sucks....last year I received 9/12 mortgage statements!!!! Wonder how many of my neighbors know what I owe ::)

11. Horsemommy47

Horsemommy47 New Member

Mine has no sense of humor what so ever.

He stuffs every bit of mail into the box (twists and smashes) and them slams the door so I cannot without force get it open.

He then backs into my driveway and gest stuck every winter, then spins the tires to slid across the driveway to get out. I have asked him and the post office that he stay out of my driveway. He is too lazy to drive around the block.

I have told him (and the post office) a million times that my husbands Ex-Wife DOES NOT live at my house!!

I write on the mail "Does not live here!!" I still get mail for her even after I write her current address on the stuff.

12. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I understand that the USPS has to deliver everything that arrives for each address BUT the previous owner has gotten mail here. I've lived here for close to 24 yrs plus my late husband is still getting mail and he has been gone for 8 yrs.

How do you get names off mailing lists? Would be nice to get the mail I need and nothing else

13. BUC

BUC Administrator

LOL, I can verify yours sucks. The halter you got, I had delivery confirmation on it and it shows it went to your PO on Sat, they should have given it to you then. I can send you the link to the confirmation if you want to bitch at them ;)