Here's An Idea...

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by horsedreamin, Feb 6, 2009.

1. horsedreamin

horsedreamin Active Member

I normally don't get involved in the political discussions, but this one really fries my ass...

So now they want to up the gas tax in Illinois to help with the huge budget deficit which, I might add, the citizens did not create. Well, here's my idea:

I WANT TO SEE EACH AND EVERY LEGISLATOR TAKE A PAY CUT FIRST. God knows, they give themselves raises easy enough. Now it's time to go the other way and set a good example -- put their money where their mouths are.

There are millions of people out there without jobs and needing to buy gas in order to look for another invisible job. Let those SOBs start by becoming a good example. They could become unemployed, too, and need to be reminded of that fact.

The governments of different states come up with ideas of having people take a certain amount of time without pay and give it a bunch of idiotic names. It's all the same thing -- no pay. I don't see anyone asking the Representatives and Senators to take a pay cut.

IT'S TIME THEY GET REAL. I think I'm going to start writing them ALL.

:slapfight: Assholes...

2. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

:th_appl: :th_agree:

3. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Sounds like a great idea.

For myself, I think it's time the southern 2/3rds (or 3/4s even) of the state press for secession from the top 1/3rd-1/4th (no offense to you from the top third, but I'm tired of the Chicago politics and I'm tired of paying through the nose for it). If anything, as long as you promise not to bring your politicos, you can come down here ;)

4. horsedreamin

Sounds good to me!

I'm serious though, about at least writing. If anyone is interested I will post links when I get around to it. Been busy lately.

5. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Oh, I'll drop a line -- not that it will do any good.
    Nothing I've written my state representative about has ever come to fruition.
    Nothing I've ever written my federal congress critters about has either.

I'm to the point of saying to hell with it, let it all burn.

6. horsedreamin

I know what you mean. Very seldom do I get worked up enough to even waste the time. I learned a long time ago there are other ways to beat your head against a brick wall.

7. Shadow

Shadow New Member

horsedreamin' Please post the link if ya got them...I would be happy to contact the SOB's and let them know I ain't happy with the way they are thinking...