Heritage Place Sale Report...

Discussion in 'The Winners Circle' started by lori, Jan 19, 2009.

1. lori

lori New Member

These are the running bred QHs...
    I don't know that that is real indicative of the horse market or the economy right now--average sale price went through double digit jumps the past 2 years at least.

2. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

I barn with Running QH folks from Canada ("ay") (so far the QH thing has NOT been contagious, whew ;) ) who just got back from Heritage Place. Beverly said she saw one real "bargain" - a weaner (new yrlng, I guess) who went for $6000 with a daddy who stands for $7500 and who had lots of blacktype in the first dam. She said the 1/2 day of TBs was rock-bottom (several 'no bids' on the broodies) but the QH sale was very strong. I'm not sure how it is in OK. Here in NM the Mexicans love the QHs and pay 5 figures pretty readily - in cash at the sale. They totally drive the market. At least some part of the horse market is healthy! What I can't figure here is you can hardly get the QHs in a race! The maiden races will have 55 head entered for a 10 horse race! I guess so many guys out this way match race them that they don't care if they only get to run in listed races every 8-9 weeks? Maybe the barrel futurity stuff runs the prices up, too? It's a market I can;t yet understand, but God Bless 'em - some segment of the horse industry has to be healthy :)

3. lori

lori New Member

There is a Mexican guy locally who has had some jaw dropping deals go down in his barn. He bought 3 yearlings for $1800--one small, one crooked, and one young at Heritage Place. He had them sold on the drive home for $3k for the group until he THOUGHT he hung up on the guy and was crowing about how dumb the buyer was--needless to say, that deal fell through. A year later he made a few cash sales--one for $10k and one for $20k and he kept his favorite of the deal. His intention is always for the match racing in the Joliet area but he never gets it together to get there. I didn't see anyone I know in the sale results, but in past years friends have gone for barrel horse prospects, ropers ought to find prospects there, etc. It's a goal to get there sometime, I think it would be very interesting.

4. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

I was there in '93. It was a neat facility! I trotted my happy little 20 yr old butt down there from KY w/ a 3 yr old Rare Jet colt who was o/o of a AAArunning and multiple AAA producing daughter of Otoe. I took him down for a client and got my very first lesson in "sale politics". My butt still gets sore at the memory - we got pretty well spanked :p. He sold, but I'll bet if my owner had consigned him with LazyE he'd have brought 3x as much!

5. pinp

pinp New Member

He needs to reunite Dorothy with her daughter. ;D