Hey, You H/Js!

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by horsedreamin, Jan 10, 2009.

1. horsedreamin

horsedreamin Active Member

:eek:

[​IMG]

Here's the text:

The equestrian world has been left scratching its immaculety groomed head by the discovery of a show jumping cow in Switzerland.

Sybille may not be able to jump over the moon but she has been impressing observers with her ability to clear wooden hurdles.

The horned cow belongs to a neighboring farmer of horse trainer Bruno Isliker, who is preparing her for a showjumping event in Zurich on Feb. 1-4.

She is pictured here by Reuters photographer Siggi Bucher, showing off her sporting prowess garlanded with flowers.

Sybille is put through her paces by Isliker at his stables in Oberseen.

Udders swaying, she is not believed easy to steer!

2. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I bet that poor cow will be lame REAL fast.

3. horsedreamin

I wouldn't be surprised. I'm sure they're not built for jumping. Just such a strange pic.

4. desederada

desederada New Member

Horses aren't either atleast the cow has some good bone under him. :D

5. BUC

BUC Administrator

And if he does come up lame no one is going to give you shit for eating him ;D

6. burgie

burgie New Member

Ok...
    What would happen to the rider if the cow stopped at a fence...on a horse, you flip over their head and hit the ground...On a cow, you flip over their head and GUT YOURSELF.
    EEK!

7. horsedreamin

Hey, BUC, the FOBs might mind. I'm sure that since some idiot is riding it, that makes it eligible for "rescue." >:D

That's a REALLY good point (get it? har har har) ;D

8. cudabear

cudabear New Member

Silly Burgie! When the horse stops your suppose to grab whatever you can to stay on (I've had alot of bridleless & riderless horses). So on the above steed, your provided handles. Just grab as your sliding forward = no falling off!

I love how tight the right knee is. Think Imazadi would teach me on a cow. Would she be speechless when I walk into the arena leading it in. That would be fun!! She did laugh when I told her I was getting an "African warmblood" (an elephant).

I guess it gives new meaning to my horse is being a cow.

9. Shadimac

Shadimac New Member

Just an FYI:

"African warmbloods" physically can't jump, so you'd be stuck dressaging it, or perhaps western pleasure? Team penning could be fun with that. . . .

10. cudabear

cudabear New Member

I didn't think they had much "up". Why not do dressage, if a camel can do it!

Shad, you spool all my childhood dreams of unusual steeds. Damn you, you know too much about animals. I guess we'll have to come up with something else that jumps.

11. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I"m still trying to picture this one-----hopefully she isn't made to jump until her udder is empty. She would really have to have some clearance!