Horse Warehouse vaccine specials

Discussion in 'Ask The (wannabe) Vets & Farriers' started by desederada, Feb 11, 2009.

1. desederada

desederada New Member

2. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

Thanks Des I ordered from them last year and was VERY VERY pleased getting ready to order again this year !!!

3. snaffle

snaffle Guest

I used to order my vaccines from catalogs.

I would study the books.. and find the best prices.

I no longer do that. I get them from my vet..
    makes her not question.. what I have given my horses..

keeps her happy...
    and I save a little bit on the costs.

4. syndiego

syndiego New Member

I used to do my own vaccines, but decided I like having the vet out for an annual wellness exam. He's very observant, and sometimes notices things by doing a hands-on that I don't....there's something about seeing them day-in-day-out, that I might not notice changes that he does.

Sorry, Des, I know that wasn't the point of your email. Carry on :)

5. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

All I can say is thank you for mentioning that link!

I called my vets office to get the price on vaccinations to compare to those on the website.
    SAVING a fortune ordering from the website-------

SORRY to my vet but I can't afford the difference in cost. (Same shot I can pick up at vet but much, much cheaper)

6. Pixin

Pixin New Member

I have ordered from there too and was very happy.

I had emailed them about Cyproheptadine. They were trying to find the capsule type for me but wasted no time sending me a tub of Cyproheptadine powder in case I was running short! (I didnt ask them to). They said to just call them if I was going to keep it and they would charge my card. It ended up being way more expensive so I sent it back to them and they even paid the shipping! I thought it was really nice of them.

Im probably just going to have the vet do the vaccines this time since Im down to two horses. For all the time I would spend searching for the best prices,etc. it just isnt worth it as I drove myself nuts! ;D

7. Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue New Member

the best prices I have found on the Intervert(sp) vaccines is at horsevaccines4less.com

I am ordering enough shots for 40 horses, dont' you love friends LOL

8. Pixin

Pixin New Member

Holy shit! I checked on vaccine prices with my vet. It would be for two horses with trip charge $260.!
    Thats for Flu/Rhino, WNV, PHF.

The strangles and rabies are not included and they recommend giving them in the fall.
    Guess I will be price shopping again. Does that seem extra high to you guys? I have bought my own shots for years, so I had no idea what they charged.

Does anyone know if Animart will be at the Midwest Horse Fair this year?

9. desederada

desederada New Member

Yes, Pixin that does seem seem x-high

10. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I ordered thru Horse Warehouse this year due to the cost from the vet---- I ordered the West Nile Innovator shot that included the E/W and tetanus. I forgot the flu but I can get them from F&F, my clowns don't give a damn if I give them a shot as long as I have a cookie for them

Even the vet understood why I didn't get them from her. Anything to save money

11. 4horses

4horses New Member

Thanks Des. I usually order through Jeffers but maybe I'll give this one a try.

12. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

13. paige

paige New Member

I just ordered Seramune--about 6 bottles I think, from United Vet. They were about 76 bucks apiece-other places were anywhere from 85 to 110.

It absolutely pays to shop around

14. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Just got an email from my dairy/horse vet Uncle up in Wisconsin. He says to try this site:

http://www.animart.com/horse/vaccines/index2.html

It's the cheapest that I've found so far. He says that this is where he orders his supplies from.

Hope this helps.

15. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

16. Angellou

Angellou Senior Member

I bought some from United Vet Equine. I am always happy with them. I do have my vet do most of my shots and all of the sheaths. My vet is worth every penny.

17. Pixin

Pixin New Member

Oh come on Anne, what do you have against sheath cleaning? :nana:

18. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

I bought vaccines through United Vet Equine and saved over $80!

I'm still having my vet clean sheaths too...

19. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Farm & Fleet carries most of them - If you can get there when they are in. I think Big R may have some too...