Housecleaning is dangerous...

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Epona, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Epona

Epona New Member

...I knew there was a reason I didn't dust more often, besides the fact that dust is a protective coating for furniture. I decided to take advantage of the 3 day weekend and get some serious housecleaning done, which included the dusting. However, apparently I am the only person that I (and DH) know who can managed to stab a knitting needle an inch into my hand while participating in this highly dangerous household activity. (it went in between my first and second finger of my right hand). :-

While it did get me out of housecleaning for the rest of the weekend, it's going to make trimming the horses tomorrow interesting!

2. Sarah315

Sarah315 New Member

YEEEOUCH!! Just the thought sends shivers up by spine. I recommend you medicate with an icy cold beer. Apply to injured area between drinks! ;)

3. Pixin

Pixin New Member

Ouch!! I think Sarah should come over and help you clean house until your injury heals! :D

4. Epona

Epona New Member

I must admit, all that beer I just bought did help me deal with the trauma >:D

5. Morganfan608

Morganfan608 New Member

There must be some kind of workman's comp claim you can file w/upper (or lower) mngmt here. Not a 'real' doctor however, I do play one @ my house....I think you need at least another 2 wks to heal. No heavy lifting, no dishes, no cooking and 'push' the fluids >:D....we all know 'liquid' makes everything feel better! ;)

.....I hate dusting.....the feather duster handle just doesn't 'fit' into my hand properly. ;D