How bad would this creep you out?

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by kats, Jan 19, 2009.

1. kats

kats New Member

My daughter has a friend that lives down the road from us, we don't really know the family, but the parents have never given me a great feeling, so she is not allowed to go to their house, but their daughter can come to ours. Well tonight is 4H and I said that the Jenna could come over early if she wanted to (Andrea's been bugging me all weekend for her to come over early). So we went to the mall and grocery store I said we'd pick up Jenna on our way home or her parents could bring her over later. So we arrive at her house to pick her up and her dad tells Andrea that he dropped Jenna off at our house early. WTF no one is home at our house - this girl is 13 and he dropped her off and we weren't home, its also cold outside. When we pulled in the driveway she was waiting on our porch, but not sure if she was there the entire time or not. Andrea texted her when we were about 5 miles from home telling her we were about to pick her up and she never said anything about standing on our porch or being at our house. We live in a small town, but still this girl is 13 and they just left her at our place when no one was home and it was at least an hour before we got there. I told Andrea is was just another reason she was not going to Jenna's house, because this just shows me how irresponsible her parents are.

2. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Wow... Just WOW :eek:

3. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

WOW!

You just proved to your daughter that you know better.

Yare better off not allowing her over at their house...........

Weird!

4. Susan

Susan New Member

Ummm, I have no words for the stupidity of these parents :slapfight:. You are so right and I hope your daughter knows it.

5. Shadow

Shadow New Member

That is weird...I feel sorry for your daughters friend...must really suck to choose to sit out in the cold for an hour instead of waiting at home for you to pick her up.. AT least that is the first thought that crossed my mind.

6. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I know, Shadow, I thought that to!

I bet she was also embarrassed that her parents just dumped her without checking first............

Poor Kid.

Kats, this is also an opportunity for you to show this poor girl what a real parent should do.

7. kats

kats New Member

I was just so shocked and so was Andrea, then I thought maybe I was overracting because I really don't like the parents. But I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is appalled at these parents. She does now understand better why I won't let her go there.

8. Shelley

Shelley Senior Member

What loser parents. When ever I dropped off a kid, friend or babysitter I made sure they got into the house before leaving. What a-holes.

9. snaffle

snaffle Guest

10. Blueyz2

Blueyz2 New Member

I had a friend in H.S. with parents like that. But they would send the little sister over WITH my friend. and if I wasnt home the kids would ask my mom if they could just hang out till I got home. To top it off her parents blamed me for their daughter turning into a wild child. :eek:

Sounds like your daughter already realizes you were right about not allowing her over there. Good judgement call!

11. Pixin

Pixin New Member

What a dumb ass. Poor kid. :mad: