I didn't even eat dirt...

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by pinp, Feb 23, 2009.

1. pinp

pinp New Member

hahaha So I was feeling brave today... or stupid, whichever you prefer... so, I saddled Dorothy up, worked her for a bit from the ground before backing her. I've come to the conclusion that a) I need to see which of my bridles/bits she likes better and b) she needs better brakes. Other than that, she did extremely well for not having been ridden in such a long time. ;D

2. lori

lori New Member

:th_worthless:

Totally.

YAY! I'm so happy.

3. susiebk

susiebk New Member

Yippee for you.....brakes are good-very, very, very good........we're going riding tomorrow morning.....just around the place for an hour or so.......I use a level 3 myler bit and its helped me get "power brakes" on my thick-necked, very strong haffie......don't need to use it often, but every few years I get an "oh shit" moment with him, and am glad that I use that particular bit (even though he doesn't need it 99.9% of the time)....

yipppeee spring is almost here:)

4. pinp

pinp New Member

yeaaaah... me likey brakes.. I'm going to experiment with different headstalls and the snaffles this week. Unfortunately, anything that would have fit her was in the suburban that Seb took to work.

5. pinp

pinp New Member

I think she just plays with the bit... Today, she modeled all sorts of headstalls and bits... we've decided on one... though I may try her in a hackamore too. We did some training with the voice commands and working on her brakes from the ground before getting on her again. She's definitely a 'go go go go go' type of horse... and just when I got her fairly okay at stopping... a pony torturing brain eating zombie bunny jumps out at her. :th_fluffbunny: Dorothy and I both saw our lives flash before our eyes... though for different reasons. I could seriously kiss the person who came up with the one rein stop.

6. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

Keep at it and you both will be all ready for the MWH trailride :)