I have a freakin' cold

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Ponythief, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

So it started on Friday, I dosed myself with sudifed, woke up Saturday feeling even worse.
    My Kleenex's feel like sandpaper. I spent 2 hours outside in the barn yesterday so by 10 pm last night my chest is killing me. Feeling worse I try a double dose of benedryl, it gives me the shits. So lucky me, now I can't breath and running to the bathroom every few minutes.

Hubby had to leave real early this morning, I asked him last night if he would PLEEEEAASE do horse chores before he leaves. Do you think they got done, Hell No. Daughter is away for the weekend and the son went with hubby. My cough has set in, very deep and I am shivering, but no fever. I can not remember the last time I was really sick, it's been that long ago. This sucks big time. So now I have to bundle up and go do chores. Why is it that when anyone else but MOM is sick we beckon to their every need but when Mom is sick everyone scatters. :mad: :mad:

Why the hell do I feel like I HAVE to carry on with the day and feel guilty if I want to go back to bed? I hate being sick! I do not want to put on my boots and go outside. Shit. :mad:
    ~~~throwing a fit here~~~

2. BUC

BUC Administrator

Run out and start your car, bundle up and drive to the barn. Hop in your car often. I most certainly would! Hope you get to feeling better soon, but I have also been in my PJ's going on 3 weeks now :(

3. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Ditto, and then go back to bed -- don't do a damn thing other than care for whatever critters are in your care and can't shift for themselves, and yourself. The rest of them can manage (can you tell I've been "scattered" on before?)

4. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

Awww. Poor Deb.

Do what absolutely has to be done and then hit the couch with your favorite blankie. All else can wait for you to feel better - or for someone else to do it.

5. horsefreak

horsefreak New Member

Take NyQuil all day today and sleep it off. You'll be so tired you won't be able to worry about what you should be doing...check out of life for the day!!!

6. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

Horse chores are done including a fast pick of the stalls. Hubby did let the chickens out of the coop. Good thing for Rocky from the way I feel, he may not of made it with me. I hate the feeling you get when you have been outside and your sinus' clear up a bit and then you come back inside and you can feel them move around, stuff ya all back up and make your eyes water.

BUC I hope you start feeling better quick, I can't imagine carry this freakin cold around for 3 weeks, I am fed up with it after 3 days.

7. WindyKnollFarm

WindyKnollFarm New Member

The combo of DayQuil and NyQuil usually works for me. Agreed- only do the bare minimum and then rest.

Feel better soon!

8. snaffle

snaffle Guest

I feel so sorry for you!! I hate being sick with a cold.. it is the worst!

I bought airborne for the first time this year. I havent had to take it but my husband has and he was very impressed with it.

Also ... Emergen C is popular.

If and when I get a cold, I overdose on supplements for one day. Every 3 or 4o hours I will take 3 or 4 of vitamin c, e, goldenseal and echinacea.. and whatever else I think will help.

hope you start feeling better.

poor you!!! :-

9. asuits

asuits New Member

I know how you feel because I have it too. The first time I had it was between Christmas and New Years and I thought THAT was bad. This makes the last time feel like a party. My throat is so sore that all I've been able to get down the hatch is tea and chicken broth. My sinuses are so stuffed up that if I had to chew anything I'd suffocate. My ears are plugged up so I feel like I'm screaming at everyone when in reality there's just this little horse squeak coming out. My head feels like its going to explode, my eyes are all red and blurry, my chest feels like someones standing on it and my lips are so chapped they're actually starting to split open. This just sucks.

10. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

Hope you feel better soon. Whatever I have, has been with me on and off since Halloween.

11. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

took a long hot bath, ate a little bit and then took a nap. Hubby came home with my list of stuff, I now have puffs with lotion awwwwwww and nyquil or daytime nyquil. I woke up more stuffed up so I went outside to shock my breathing and sinus some. It does give me a few minutes of relief.

asuits you sound like you have it worse than me. My throat just hurts alittle I am sure from the snot running down it. My cough from earlier has loosened some.

I have already decided that I am not working tomorrow. Most of my families are off for the holiday anyway so the couple that aren't are just gonna have to call the grandparents in.

I still have to go to Lyns soccer game tonight, urrggghhh we have out of town friends coming to watch and have pizza, no getting out of it.

thanks for all the encouragements

12. April

April New Member

If you were closer I would come do horse chores for you.

13. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

awwwwwww sending chicken noodle healing vibes to you guys!!! I hate being sick :(

14. HALL FARMS

HALL FARMS Insert Title Here

Awww, If I was not three hours away I would come help ya. Sure pray you get to feeling better.

15. pinp

pinp New Member

Maaaaybe you should take Honey and Snot Head for a while... ya know... help Deb out. That'd be two fewer ponies to worry about. ;D

Hope you feel better soon!

16. HALL FARMS

I am off today.....could hook up a trailer and be there in 3 hours steal help you out and come back home. I would have to hide keep them at pinp's place to help you out.

17. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

:slapfight: :th_flipoff: :p ;D

I see how you BOTH are.

18. HALL FARMS

19. pinp

pinp New Member

:nana: I am the type to kick a guy in the balls while he's down.

20. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Healing vibes headed your way, but...

If your 'cold' lasts more than 4 days and doesn't seem to be getting better despite religiously drugging yourself, GO TO THE DR.!!!
    I've been sick with a cold since LAST Friday :-[ (going on a week and half now). My insurance sucks so I was putting off going to the doc. After being bed-ridden all day Saturday, I finally went to the emergency room yesterday. I have pneumonia (walking). I can barely breathe, but they gave me 2 nebulizer treatments and oxygen while I was there. I now have an antibiotic, an inhaler and some codine-ridden cough syrup.
    Hope you don't get to this point and feel better SOON!