I'd like to introduce........

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by alljackedup, Jan 9, 2009.

1. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

my new "Jack"

[​IMG]

He is SUCH a sweetheart.  What an awesome dog!!!!!  Thank you so much Cathy.  we absolutely LUFF him.

[​IMG]

He's got his new crate, he picked out several toys at petsmart, and has met the cat and finally settled down in his comfy bed.  He's had a very busy evening.

I haven't gotten a pic of it yet, but he "high 5's " us.  It's too cute.

2. HorseFarm

HorseFarm New Member

What a cute face. Congrats on the new addition.

3. Morganfan608

Morganfan608 New Member

AJU, so glad you gave Jack a new home.....I hope he was a good boy last night (and I hope he keeps being a good boy!). It warms my heart to think of how quickly Jack 'took to your son'....no more tears this morning..I just know he is going to be loved...Thanks!

4. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

When Tanner and I walked in the door with him last night, our 10 yr old started crying (happy tears) and Jack just went over and laid his head on Garrett's shoulder. It was too sweet.

I ended up getting a crate just like yours, but it's got 3 doors. He wasn't too thrilled about it at first, but once we gave him a little nightlight, and put his new stuffed animal in there with him, he was fine. He carried that little fluffy thing around in his mouth all night. :th_fluffbunny:

5. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

He has a GREAT face!

How cute!!!! I hope it works out!

6. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Oooooooooh! I LOVE him!! Too cute. Congratulations :)

7. Shell

Shell New Member

What a GOOD looking dog! Sounds like he fits right in with the whole family! (kind of looks like a Mountain Cur)

Congratulations on your new addition!

8. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

Very sweet!! Congrats on your new "kid"!

9. morapt

morapt New Member

Congrats AJU, I hope he continues to work for you.

10. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Oh, he has found his forever home. I've never gotten so attached so quickly to a dog. Maybe it's because he's not a puppy, and already has his own little personality. I can't wait to go home and see him.

11. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

Congrats Niesa!!!

He has most definitely found "his family"

Very cute------ has alot of Boxer in him from the pics.

12. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

I love his little speckled paws and muzzle

[​IMG]

13. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

Cute...I see GSP in him.

14. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

NOOOOOO!!!! :eek: j/k

As much as we loved Gunther, I don't miss the high strung craziness of those dogs. It's nice to have a dog that sees the cat and doesn't bark insessantly until he can't see him anymore. We literally had to hide the cat when gunther was in the house, cause he would do nothing but bark that high pitched, rapid bark. He would have done it constantly if we didn't put the cat away. Not really fun for the cat either. :-[

Jack loves his play time down in the basement, but when he's done, he's done, and wants to rest. Gunther NEVER stopped.

He's used to his crate already :) I got up about 2 this morning when he barked once to let us know that he needed to potty, and when we came back in, I took his leash off and he ran right over to his crate and laid down in it. What a good boy.

I'm thinking that obedience training wouldn't kill him. His previous owner loved him Very much, perhaps too much. ;) He jumps on everyone, and thinks that playing tug-o-war is the bomb. Well, we have never allowed any of our dogs to do either of those, so we've got some bad habits to break, but nothing that can't be easily remedied. He just turned 1, so we still have alot to work with as far as learned behaviors.

We're still trying to get used to his name. Just feels weird calling him Jack. He doesn't really look like a "Jack" to us, and we're so used to "Jack the horse" that it feels funny calling him that. He doesn't really act like a Jack either. I wonder if we could change his name. Never gotten a new dog that wasn't a puppy, so I don't know if your can successfully change their names or not. I'll have to check that out. We were thinking "Max" or "Mack" Still kinda sounds like his name.

Anybody got any ideas on names?

15. Buffy

Buffy New Member

Mack sounds too similar to Jack. I like Max. Rachel, Shannon and Equusteacher always have the best name ideas (when it comes to horses anyway ;))
    I may have to stop by and meet this guy this weekend!

16. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

I don't see any GSP.
    Brittany maybe. And lab for sure. I don't really see boxer either and isn't that what he was touted to be?

Anyway, I do like Max. It's close enough to Jack in sound that you should be able to transition over easily.
    I'm not a fan of changing an older dogs name, especially if they "know it" ya know?
    Try and keep it close.
    Maybe just calling him Jackson is ehough of a change you guys will feel it's different?

17. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Ya, I don't really like Mack anyway. He looks more like a Jackson than a Jack. Maybe we'll try that.

Buffy, you're welcome to come over anytime and meet him.

18. poodlelover

poodlelover Moderator

When Mr. McDuff came to live here I changed his name. He was a stray so the rescue was calling him Smitten. Didn't work for me. Totally successful name change. I think at a year of age - no problem.

19. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

Well...I'm waiting for ideas........ ;D