Image got her first set of shots today.

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by Tbitt, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

She got blood drawn for a Coggins.

She got Rabies, West Nile / Equil combo, Flu-Rino and she got her first round of Strangles Vaccs.

She was not so sure she liked having us poke her repeatedly. But we found if you hold her by her halter and have a hand over the bridge of her nose she thinks she is totally caught! >:D Boy did we sucker her this time........ >:D

I do have to admit - she pushed me quite a bit when we first tried to get the Blood - but once I thought to the hand over the nose - game was over........LOL

Then she got turned out..........she is now basking in what is left of today's sun and munching on her hay!

Have I ever said what a doll I think she is.

At one point the vet said "boy, she is fancy" This coming from a Arabian breeder. *!*!*!*

She also said "wow those are some big eyes, there must have been an alpaca in the lot" .......... :eek: :th_Just_Cuz_03:

Why do I actually think that is funny? I'm strange that way! :-

2. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

I can imagine how gorgeous she is if you got that compliment from her! She knows horses~

Glad Image is doing so well-- Waiting to see some new pics

3. Ponythief

Ponythief New Member

And again.................
    :th_worthless:

I need a purdy black pony fix here :mad: :D

4. LuvMyArabs

LuvMyArabs New Member

To me Morgans look like stocky Arabs so I understand your vet giving your girl compliments...She a pretty girl.

BTW---Who is your vet? Just asking because you said she a Arabian Breeder :)

5. AKPonygirl

AKPonygirl New Member

:th_ditto: :th_ditto: :th_ditto:

6. BUC

BUC Administrator

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalaa (fingers in ears) I won't tell Bo you said that :mad:

7. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

I know - I am bad - I have not been able to take pic of her. I've had the camera there, just had my hands full and couldn't do it. Sorry gals. :(

The Vet I use is Trego from Amboy.
    Girls, you are going to have to help me out here........I can not remember the name of her stables........I am such a bad client! :-

And I think she just has a 3yo win nationals or something like that this past year...........Oh, goodness I hope I got that correct. Please, if I am way wrong with this - put the story straight! :- :-[

She is a nice lady, she laughed with us, asked us questions - answered our questions..........and she doesn't make me feel bad if I am skipping a shot. My two mares don't get out on the trail (mostly just here around the block) so I am real picky about what shots I give and don't give them!

My dogs have had reactions to some of the shots so I pick and choose which ones I give them. And for Misty - we only give her one shot at a time.......and Dr is just perfect about it. She even put out other options concerning the shots.

I do like her. She is a great Dr!

8. LuvMyArabs

LuvMyArabs New Member

Aww Come on... saying any horse looks like an Arabian is a COMPLIMENT to that horse! Even if it is a Stocky (AKA CHUNKY :p) Arabian ;) :p