Impressed Delivery

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by Shell, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Shell

Shell New Member

We bought our new furniture from J.C Penny's at a great price. On sale and with an extra 10% off about 2 weeks ago. One piece scheduled for delivery today, the other piece was out of stock and will get it in another 2 weeks. No big deal.
    Yesterday received a call saying delivery will be between 10am and noon. We're thinking it's nice we won't have to wait the average 4+ hour span for most deliveries or service calls.
    9:58am I get a call saying their at my door!

ahhhh...the smell of New furniture!!! ;D

2. Tbitt

Tbitt Most beloved member of MW

How nice for you!

Keep those rats off of it! :p :D

3. Shell

Shell New Member

So much for waiting another two weeks for the recliner. They called today saying it was in and said to call back for a delivery date! ;D

No rats allowed. :p Surprisingly the cats are staying off the loveseat. We bought 3 cat/dog beds to put on the seats of the loveseat and recliner. Which we bought ahead of time and the cats really liked them on the futon. Now the futon is going in my daughter's room, which is now a spare room and hopefully the cats will lounge there with the beds instead.

4. BUC

BUC Administrator

Congrats on getting new furniture. I luff new furniture ^.^.^

5. Shell

Shell New Member

I guess when you buy new furniture with a bf, it means your relationship is pretty permanant :D Not that I doubted our isn't, this just makes seem more commited than it already was :)

yeah! what a Nice smell when coming into the livingroom :) A lot like a new car or truck!

Never mind what I said about the cats :- Payton has made himself comfy on one of the beds :D

I'd like the seats to be more cushy like at the store..it felt like I melted in them and was surrounded with comfort.
    They need to be broken in, like have some little kid jump on them for a couple of days. But Mike said he'll just switch sides each day. I sit, and the seat barely indents.

6. Shannon

Shannon New Member

I ^.^.^ JC Pennys. They just built a new one in Frankfort and I have spent WAY too much $$ there... today included ;D

7. Shell

Shell New Member

My mom made the recommendation of going to Penny's. It's one of her favorite stores too and where she bought some furniture.
    We've been shopping for new, for about 5 months. Taking breaks in between, because it just gets tiring after awhile. How many times of sitting down, trying it out, getting up going to the next selection and so forth throughout each store.
    And Salespeople! Some made us feel like we were in Best Buy, they wouldn't go away or we kept getting eyeballed like we were going to steal something. :-
    While one stopped us as we were heading towards the door, trying to get us to buy what we weren't sure we wanted and telling us they'll play with the numbers to give us a "deal". They said they were saving us Big money, but actually made us feel like we were being ripped off. Their two warrentee prices (interior and exterior) with delivery for each piece made us look at each other and almost choke! wtf? What started out at spending $1800 for their sale prices, turned out to be $2700 total.

We had to look on-line to find a Penny's that sold furniture. The only one around us is in Woodfield Mall. Their sale was like 40% off with an extra 10% for one week, one straight delivery fee based on money spent, no extra charge for the two separate deliveries, no extra taxes. Life warrentee for structural damage included in the purchase price, but can purchase additional warrentee for exterior damage...which we did and it's for 5 yrs. Except Lazy Boy, the other places offered both these warrentees for two separate additional costs.

We paid a final total of $1600. Mike's recliner is his size, heat and massage controls, with storage under the cushioned arms.