In shock.

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by PT, Feb 10, 2009.

1. PT

PT New Member

A little backround.

I used to own this horse, and she was my one in a million. Perfect in every way and I always promised myself that I'd never lose track of her. She came down with navicular (or at least what my vet thought was navicular) and I sold her to someone who said they where going to keep her and I bought my now horse. Long story short she was sold. The lady that bought her contacted me a couple of weeks ago through email (how she got my name and email I've no clue, but I was wanting her info so it's okay), and was asking just for some backround on the horse. I was so happy to hear from her and hear that the horse was in a good home, and told her how I missed the horse, but was happy that she's in a good home. I sent her a few pics of the horse thinking her and her daughters would like to see them. While speaking to her on the phone I specifically told her I wanted her back if she was ever for sale.

Well, the lady texted me over the past weekend and said thanks for the pics and I also told her the horse was successful as a halter and English pleasure horse. She then texted saying if I wanted the horse back she's sell her back to me since her daughters weren't attached to her (never coming out and saying she was for sale). I asked her if she had to be sold now since it's a bad time for me since I lost my job and she said no, no rush at all.

I get a call from a friend today telling me to look in the classifieds on Illinois Horse, and there she (the horse) is for sale, WITH THE PIC I SENT HER IN THE AD! The ad was posted just today! WTF!?! I'm soo upset right now I can't see straight. I got turned down from a job today and then to come across the ad?!?! I already left a VM for the lady and am waiting to hear back. I don't know what to do. I DO NOT want to lose this horse... :'( :'(

2. jjones

jjones New Member

Where's the ad? I looked and couldn't find it...

3. Missin B

Missin B New Member

That sucks hardcore..im sorry.

4. jjones

jjones New Member

Oh ok... It said added Feb 9th thats why I didn't know that was the one...

5. PT

PT New Member

I didn't post it just cuz I don't want names involved.

6. Shadow

Shadow New Member

Could you ask if you could purchase on pmt plan, or on contract...lease her w/ purchase down the road? Seems she left out the part about being navicular..or any other health issues. I feel for ya...it sucks to find what you love and not have the $$ to get it..BUT where there is a will there is a way. I wish ya all the luck in the world...she belongs to you and I hope you get her.......

7. PT

PT New Member

Heard back from her, they have to do it and I'm not holding that against her. It just sucks because now I have to do some scrambling. But even then, I really can't afford another horse right now... :-

8. Blueyz2

Blueyz2 New Member

I hope it works out for you PT. If she told you no hurry maybe you can work something out with her like Shadow said.

9. PT

PT New Member

I've only got until the 15th.

10. Shadow

Shadow New Member

only got until Sun...and what happens on the 15th???? Whats the hurry? do they have a buyer? Sounds a bit suspecious to me .... ??????

11. PT

PT New Member

I guess the board is only paid until the 15th, then they need to sell the horse. I've asked them to hold onto it until then and they said that's fine.

12. MyTeDun

MyTeDun Senior Member

What do they plan on doing with her after the 15th??

The ad does not mention anything about any navicular----- are they disclosing that to prospective buyers? I'm just asking PT because if they do they will never get the requested amount for her.

Just curious

13. Shell

Shell New Member

MTD you just beat me to the same question, about the 15th.
    Their board may only be paid to the 15th, but that doesn't mean the horse will be sold by then.

Do you need some investigating done?

14. PT

PT New Member

Nah, lol. They're holding her until the 15th, then I guess it's whoever shows money first.

I don't know anything about the navicular thing. It was never proven with x-rays (when she was mine), and it's been none of my business since she was sold.

I just needed to vent just because it seemed to be a day of when it rains it pours, first finding out about the job and then finding out about the ad...

15. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

So, what changed for this woman in that short amount of time from "no hurry" to "you have till the 15th"?

16. Michele

Michele New Member

pt, I am sorry that happened to you. I hope it all works out. I remember your mare, I always thought she was so pretty.

17. LuvMyArabs

LuvMyArabs New Member

She certainly is pretty. From the sound of the ad it doesn't sound like they 'have to' get rid of her sounds like her daughter just wants something else :- Good Luck I hope you can get her back.

18. ashley4219

ashley4219 New Member

19. STARSKI

STARSKI New Member

She is a really cute mare. Very attractive. That is kind of shitty that she used your picture and put her up for sale w/out notifying you. Especially after you said you'd be interested in having her back if she were ever for sale. $1500 sounds like a high price to me if she does indeed have any health issues. I wish you the best of luck.