infant shots

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by jedders, Jan 22, 2009.

1. jedders

jedders New Member

What is everyone's views on the mmr shot for infants. Everyone has their own ideas about it some say give it others say wait till after 2. I gave them all on time with my 2 year old now I'm on the fence with Landin. Anyone have any bad experiances with this shot or any for that matter?

2. Angien

Angien New Member

My 17 month old just got the MMR..
    We had to get it done at the allergists office as he has many food allergies.
    My 4 yr old had it @ his 15 month visit with his Pediatrician and he was just really crabby for 24 hours after the shot.

What are your main concerns?

3. jedders

jedders New Member

everyone in my family keeps pushing to wait because of autism.

4. Angien

Angien New Member

Jedders I work for my pediatricians office.
    We have a book about all the immunizations.
    If you are interested I can mail one out to you.
    Personally, you should not worry about Autism...
    You should be more worried about an unimmunized child being in contact with Landon that is carrying one of those diseases.
    You cannot cure measels, mumps or ruebella, you can only help the symptoms.
    He can die from complications to those diseases.

5. monizzle

monizzle New Member

Research does not support the idea that infants and shots have a correlation. There are many people that still believe this myth but many studies have been done that disprove the theory. If interested I can dig up some research articles from our database at school. A quick search has a consensus that the mercury preservative in vaccines after the 1930s could have been related to the increase in autism prevalence. This preservative has been removed from most childhood vaccines including MMR.

The Autism Society of America is still recommending further research to ensure that there is no link between vaccines and autism.

6. Shannon

Shannon New Member

but, but, but Jenny McCarthy says... ::)

7. Angien

Angien New Member

:flame:

That is where Jenny McCarthy needs to be...
    It is a shame what happened to her son, please don't think I am a total bitch...

8. jedders

jedders New Member

If you could send me that I'dappreciate it thanks...

Krystal
    26417 s harlem ave
    monee,il 60449

9. Angien

Angien New Member

Krystal
    NO problem I will mail it to you.
    Our peds are very PRO shots.

10. snaffle

snaffle Guest

My neighbors little boy changed drastically in the late 70's after having one of his childhood vaccinations. He was never the same.

I 'held off' as long as I could with my babies.

There are waaat too many people who are claiming the childhood vaccinations caused the autism of their children.

They can't be all wrong. :p