Is any one sick of their job??

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by thmblina1, Feb 12, 2009.

1. thmblina1

thmblina1 New Member

So I have been at my place of employment for over a year now and am just fed up with the bullshit! I really could just quit and not come back. I need the job and of course I know how hard it is to find a decent paying job....but I think I have just finally hit that point in my life where I am ready for a change. Every morning when I get up I would really just rather stay in bed cuddle with my animals and then do everything on my own agenda.

Sigh....I am sure several people feel this way but I figured this would be a great thread for everyone to vent about their work!

At mine my biggest pet pev is the people that are in positions they shouldn't be in because...well they don't know a damn thing and just pass all the work of to their employees who have been there a while.

:th_flipoff: work!!!!

2. syndiego

syndiego New Member

I used to love my job, but not so much any more. I'm a systems analyst, and I get assigned to projects that make no sense, but my boss (who is very nice, but a puppet) assigns based on office politics. So I have to work on things, that have no logic, but some nit-wit thinks is a great idea.

Example, I just finished a complex report for manufacturing that is supposed to help them analyze labor efficiency. Yet, the employees hours being reviewed are spending some of their time outside their home department, and it makes their efficiency percentage lower. I tried to explain this to the manager, and he nodded his head saying he understood. Spent 3 weeks on the frakkin' report, and when he started using it complained the numbers were off. Not allowed to say "I tried to tell you", because I'm just a moron. Start over. grrrr
    I'll work on something for weeks, then get pulled off to work on whatever the current "emergency" is, and the constantly changing priorities never give me an opportunity to finish anything.

A couple of months ago, I spent 2 weeks automating something for the Payroll manager that takes her 10 minutes annually to do manually.
    I shouldn't complain, because I'm employed, but does that make any sense? I probably make 50% more money than her, so at what point does my 80 hours for her 10 minutes/annually provide a return on investment. My boss agrees, but then says do it. We love automation here.

I used to be enthused, and worked overtime, and accomplished stuff. Now, I can barely drag myself in, spend much of the day on-line because it seems like I get more done doing nothing, than working my ass off, and going one step forward, two back

I'd love to do something that gives me some satisfaction, and makes me look forward to going to work, like back in my youth. Is it that I'm getting old and jaded, and when I was young more gullible?

So, I hate coming to work, I'm tired of stupid people, and am pulling my hair out at the end of most days. But pay and benefits (I'm up to 4 weeks vacation) are great, and I feel secure.

Welcome to my world. Here we call that a FUMU (F-up, move up). The people getting promoted, are usually to take them away from a real job where they could screw things up. Another thing at my place of employ, it is a family run operation. The owner's have been very good to me, I can't complain there. But as far as getting promoted, haven't had one in over 10 years. I do get cost-of-living increases most years (this year is a question mark), but as far as advancing, I'm pretty much topped out.

This totally turned into a babbling rant. Thanks for the putting the quarter in, and giving me the chance to unload. I feel better now. :-* ;D

3. AppyGSP

AppyGSP Senior Member

I love my job but hate the salary....but the benefits are good. It just pisses me off that when someone else retired and I took over their duties, that I don't get a raise. But yet when the men take on the slightest bit more responsibility, they get a fucking raise faster than they can change their underwear!
    :th_blue_wtf: :mad: :slapfight: :th_flipoff:

I guess we should be glad that we even have jobs these days. :-

4. syndiego

syndiego New Member

Now they can really start f'ing with us. :th_flipoff:

5. susiebk

susiebk New Member

I ^.^.^ my paycheck, but would rather be home with the horsies! Guess I'm just lucky to have a job with as many hours as I care to work, at good pay......

6. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

I'm greatful to have a job.

7. alljackedup

alljackedup New Member

I'm thankful to have a job!! I still LOVE my job. Putting up with the sassy teenagers isn't always fun, but for the most part, I enjoy my days.

8. PT

PT New Member

I miss my job :'(

9. Shadimac

Shadimac New Member

Thmblina, I hear ya! :D

10. Shelley

Shelley Senior Member

I ain't gots no jobs yet so I can't relate....yet. 8)

11. Shell

Shell New Member

I miss my job too. :(

12. 4horses

4horses New Member

I'm coming up to my 6 month anniversary and I absolutely hate my job. But, I am thankful I have one at this point in time when I am watching millions of people lose theirs.

13. thmblina1

thmblina1 New Member

Don't get me wrong I am grateful I have a job, but it is very frustrating when you are there and don't enjoy what you are doing.

Guess I need to find a job that pays me to play with all my animals!

Sigh... I guess that job is a dream job!

14. MelW

MelW New Member

I loved my job till the damn city took it way. On the plus side, I am probably going to get a job in Florida as a working student for one of the best *crosses fingers* Money isnt shit, but he'll take me and my lil mare (once i get her back), and teach us lots...

15. NutsEmom

NutsEmom New Member

Not sick OF it but sick FROM it!

Why do people think that because they are home sick from work that it would be a good idea to show up at the vet's office with their animal that has been sick for 4-5 weeks without an appointment? Then hack and cough and spread your germs to those of us who can't afford not to work!

Now I have a cold (almost gone now) and am getting dirty looks from co-workers even though we all got exposed at the same time.