Is it just me?

Discussion in 'The Loafing Shed' started by JenR, Feb 20, 2009.

1. JenR

JenR Formerly Underworld Queen

Or is Animal Planet running a whole slew of shows about how dangerous chimps are since that lady got mauled?

Just goes back to that old, wise saying: "Don't...fuck...with...the monkeys!"

2. equusteacher

equusteacher New Member

Can we still shock them though?
    Shock the monkey!

3. Morganfan608

Morganfan608 New Member

HAHA! I was thinking the same thing ET!!

4. Jen

Jen New Member

Monkeys throw feces.

As a rule I stay away from things that throw shit.

5. BUC

BUC Administrator

Something else I have never seen mentioned when talking about these critters...in the wild when fighting for territory, it is not uncommon for them to cannabilize each other at all. Who in the fuck would think it's a good idea to have one of these as a pet? I don't care is your the freakin Monkey Whisperer ::)

6. syndiego

syndiego New Member

7. lori

lori New Member

I've seen that guy in real life. You could probably give him a good kick and live through the attack OK. Gosh though, I am kind of scared for the border collies.

8. syndiego

syndiego New Member

In reality, I'm sure he's harmless. Did you know that he is 22 years old? The man has owned him his whole life.

9. Shell

Shell New Member

I can't remember if I saw him at the Midwest Horse Fair or at the rodeos. Where ever it was it was hilarious!

10. Shell

Shell New Member

Hey! hey! We're the Monkeys!

11. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

and you're on here?? :D ;)

12. PT

PT New Member

13. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

O worked for a lady who had a TB farm that had a chimp. I didn;t work there long, it was a strange place to work. But, I did discover at that time that monkeys are creepy to me. Knew some other folks many years later who had some kind of small monkey as a pet, still creepy. Something about there "scaly" little hands is just gross...

14. Shadimac

Shadimac New Member

MY POOR EYES!!!! :eek: Chimps aren't monkeys, they're apes sillies. :slapfight:

15. JenR

Monkeys, apes -- nasty little frakking simians. I don't care for fucking monkeys, at all. They throw shit as per what Jen said, they'll pee on you if they get half a chance, and those little "darlings" have got some wicked nasty teeth and know how to use them. Why anyone would want one as a pet is beyond me.

On the Animal Planet shows they were reporting that chimps are now going into human villages and stealing babies and toddlers, taking them back to their troop...and killing and eating them.
    Just charming.

And there are legislators that want to give these damn things equal legal rights with people? In fact, they already have over in some cases in the EU (which makes me wonder about the Europeans and whether or not they've gone round the bend).

16. Shell

Shell New Member

Monkey goes in a little cage with his head out in the center of the table. The people are told to hit him over the head with a little hammer and get to eat fresh monkey brains. What movie was that? Back in the 80's.

17. Mass

Mass Senior Member and Masscaster

Actually, I don't know the movie, but that is an actual "experiment" they used to conduct on them. That made me sick.

18. Shell

Shell New Member

It was a delicacy, and I think some meaning to eat it. what was the movie? It had other weird stuff on it too.

19. syndiego

syndiego New Member

Wasn't that Hannibal?

20. JenR

Faces of Death

A friend and I walked out of the room at that point (some other folks had it and were watching -- uhm, no thank you sick mofos).