"Jockeys" premieres Tonite

Discussion in 'The Corral' started by Mstar, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Mstar

Mstar New Member

"Jockeys" premieres Tonite

Animal Planets new reality series about jockeys premieres tonite at 8pm. Should be interesting to see how racing is portrayed.

2. kats

kats New Member

Re: "Jockeys" premieres Tonite

Well the opening lines portray it as the most dangerous sport that anyone could participate in.

3. desederada

desederada New Member

Maybe not the MOST dangerous but pretty darn close.

4. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

Well, it was not as bad as I had feared. Unfortunately, now they are featuring "Trouble At The Track" on Untamed And Uncut... Picking on the harness and steeplechase guys, more than us.

5. whoaboy

whoaboy Senior Member

I liked the new show and the untamed and uncut one following it about trouble at the track, but alas, I fell asleep on the 2nd one!

6. glf01

glf01 New Member

What other sport has an ambulance chasing behind you and the Jockey is riding a horse that has his own mind to do some stupid things and not to mention the possibility of breaking down and falling. I compare it to you driving a car at 35 MPH with no windshield or body for protection. Please name the most dangerous.
    I have had my share of seeing and help healing my fare share of Jockeys it's a very dangerous sport.

7. glf01

glf01 New Member

For the most part they did cover more than I thought it would. Next week will get more intresting and they will start focusing on their weight and how they keep it down. I think Mike might be in trouble with this gal.

8. Mstar

Mstar New Member

Yeah, Chantel was pretty annoying, which is a shame because Mike seems like such a nice guy.

9. Michele

Michele New Member

I honestly am not sure................but I heard eventing is more dangerous. I don't know the actual statistics though.

10. desederada

desederada New Member

How about Bull Riding ;)

11. glf01

glf01 New Member

I know Bull riding is tough but seeing first hand and help heal a few riders along the way I still feel strong about being a Jockey is still pretty dangerous.

12. photofinish

photofinish Senior Member

I thought Chantal was mildly annoying, until they started on Kyla Stra. Oh my, what a ............special individual ::)............

13. Limerick

Limerick MIA Moderator

Hubby and I are watching this. I'm just hoping for more glimpses of Zenyatta...I am in ^.^.^LOVE ^.^.^ with that mare!

14. Shell

Shell New Member

I keep missing it :(

15. funnypaint

funnypaint New Member

To whoever has Comcast, the shows are listed On Demand for free. Plus some extra stuff about the show.

16. glf01

glf01 New Member

They reshow each episode many times. You can rewatch it an hour after it ends. The first 2 shows I missed the first 20 min. so after the show is over they have a 30 min. show and then they reshow the episode again. It makes you stay up later but at least you can watch it.

17. STARSKI

STARSKI New Member

When is it on?

18. syndiego

syndiego New Member

Friday, 9pm ET